Looking for a 9mm - Page 8
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Looking for a 9mm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2012, 10:52 PM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 245 Times on 180 Posts

Nothing wrong with glocks just don't want one myself, but if they start pricing them like hi point I'd buy a couple.

Old 05-03-2012, 10:59 PM   #72
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22190 Times on 12450 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by cswann1 View Post

And now for a little reality: The Glock design is a very good one. It's simple with few moving parts and can be manufactured very cheaply. Yes, it fires a bullet a lot of the time and the company has marketed it to LEAs about as well as any gun maker ever has since Samuel Colt. Does that make it the end-all-be-all in 9mm's? Not by a long shot.

Personally, I really have nothing against Glocks. When I looked for my first handgun about 3 years ago, the G19 was one of the guns I was considering. But in the end I thought the M&P 9 was the clear winner for me. It has some of the best attributes of the Glock design with some needed improvements...and is American made, which still means something to many of us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kycol View Post
Nothing wrong with glocks just don't want one myself, but if they start pricing them like hi point I'd buy a couple.
i personally think the Glock is an excellent designed pistol that functions very reliabily, but the end all, be all pistol for everyone? nope! if a Glock comes along at the right price and at the right time, yes i'm buying another one.

Old 05-04-2012, 07:20 AM   #73

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99zulu

If you're actually worried about maniacs with butcher knives in your neighborhood, I think its time to move.

I can't think if a situation that I would REALISTICALLY be in where i would need the extra have second it takes to rack my slide... Just sayin
The best argument for keeping one in the chamber is for when / if you need to draw and fire one handed. Especially if it ends up being your off hand.

Defending yourself from a physical attack or pushing a loved one out of harms way etc. Imagine having your arm broken with a club if some sort or taking that knife thrust into the palm of your hand to buy time to pull your gun.

If you don't think something like that could happen, why carry at all.

Old 05-04-2012, 07:33 AM   #74
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22190 Times on 12450 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivion9 View Post
The best argument for keeping one in the chamber is for when / if you need to draw and fire one handed. Especially if it ends up being your off hand.

Defending yourself from a physical attack or pushing a loved one out of harms way etc. Imagine having your arm broken with a club if some sort or taking that knife thrust into the palm of your hand to buy time to pull your gun.

If you don't think something like that could happen, why carry at all.
this was exactly the arguement i used to counter his reasoning with. if you think about what could happen, then you need to be prepared for it or have a good backup plan.

Old 05-04-2012, 11:29 AM   #75

Liked 401 Times on 284 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Id recomend the glock 35 or springfield xd but shoot what feels good for you if a bersa fits your hand best use it.

Old 05-04-2012, 01:08 PM   #76

Liked 2610 Times on 1483 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli700 View Post
Better in my opinion. If you like a 1911 and High Power's you will love the CZ....best kept secret in the firearms world.
They're really an improved copy of the Browning design- apples to apples,

IMO, and you may be right about less expensive.