Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   A long list of of desired pistols (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/long-list-desired-pistols-31065/)

FMtango 08-29-2010 05:25 PM

A long list of of desired pistols

Well as this is my first post here I would like to say hello.
Now that that is out of the way here is my quandry.
Some time in the near future I am due to receive some much needed funds
and am wanting to buy a new pistol either in .40 or .45. I like double/single action and decockers, this leaves me with a few non glocky looking choices.
1. FNP or FNX
2. CZ 75B
3.Beretta PX4 Storm
4. Ruger P944
5. a three foot long sharp stick

Ok don't get me wrong, I am not a hater of Glocks I just like these better and am looking for something I may use for 3 gun comp in the future.

CA357 08-29-2010 05:44 PM

Of the pistols you listed, my preference would be the CZ. :cool:

Welcome here. When you get a chance, please head over to the New Member Introductions forum and introduce yourself to the folks.

jetgirl 08-29-2010 05:53 PM

I have a list of desired pistols, too... my problem would be getting Jay to part with any of them! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/s...aughing002.gif

Poink88 08-29-2010 06:38 PM

All those (except Ruger) were in my list before buying along with Glock, H&K USP, S&W, and Sig. After long research, deliberation and all factors considered, I ended with Springfield XDm. Still very happy with my choice.

BTW, price, feel and fit played a lot in my decision so it is highly personal preference that is somewhat narrowed down by limited funds. ;)

General-Logic 08-29-2010 07:16 PM

Colt 1911(not A1)
Glock G21
Beretta 92F
H&K Mk21
SIG220
Luger P08
Browning Hi-Power
S&W 4506
Desert Eagle 44
Wather PPK
CZ97B
Ruger P89
Micro UZI 45
Grendel P30

CHLChris 08-29-2010 09:43 PM

What is your purpose for this handgun? Is it just for fun or filling a certain need? What do you have already?

I don't have a wide range of experience, that's for sure, but none of those on your list would be anywhere near my top 20.

FMtango 08-29-2010 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHLChris (Post 340848)
What is your purpose for this handgun? Is it just for fun or filling a certain need? What do you have already?

I don't have a wide range of experience, that's for sure, but none of those on your list would be anywhere near my top 20.

Multi purpose Chris. I have that Hi-Power in my avtar and I am wanting either a .45 or a .40 for ccw and or compititon. The FNP/FNX and the Beretta are lighter than my FM, I really like the looks of the Beretta and CZ, both are quality firearms.
I have medium sized hands and I can afford to go to a smaller frame that way.

Texgunner 08-29-2010 10:20 PM

Of those you listed I like the CZ best. As for me I'm itching for a Sig P226.

CHLChris 08-29-2010 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMtango (Post 340866)
Multi purpose Chris. I have that Hi-Power in my avtar and I am wanting either a .45 or a .40 for ccw and or compititon. The FNP/FNX and the Beretta are lighter than my FM, I really like the looks of the Beretta and CZ, both are quality firearms.
I have medium sized hands and I can afford to go to a smaller frame that way.

I don't doubt they are quality. The ratio of stuff that I know about firearms versus what I don't know has got to be about 1:1000.

For me, a bunch a features that work great for CCW wouldn't serve the best for competition, and vice versa. For example, sights that would serve a competition firearm well would probably be less than comfortable.

Best of luck. I love how there is a different firearm for every person, for every need, for every price point, for every use.

NGIB 08-30-2010 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMtango (Post 340692)
I like double/single action and decockers

With this criteria, I can't believe a classic Sig P series is not on your list. They are pretty much the gold standard in this category of pistol...