Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Loading a Kahr PM9

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2011, 01:06 AM   #11
WDB
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I don't know if any semi auto pistol manufactures supply info concerning carrying +1. I tend to load using the slide release, then remove the mag and add the +1. Might be habbit or my need to see a clear breach for more than a mili second before charging my pistol.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 07-28-2011, 02:34 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHLChris View Post
Interesting. I've got NO problems with racking the slide correctly on my Glock, so I'd be fine on the Kahr. You make a great point from a logical perspective that a complete cycle occurs on every shot so that should mean that correctly racking the slide on a full magazine shouldn't cause any problems. Plus, the idea that manufacturers are prone to make suggestions that would be least possible to cause problems. Another logical point in your favor.

However, your experience here is general. I'd like to hear from Kahr owners, too. I'm pretty closed to convinced with this solid bit of reasoning.

Plus, I don't like using the slide stop because a) it is a pain to have to add that extra step and b) very minutely I am causing extra wear on my slide stop lever each time I load the first round this way.

Thanks JonM!
watch this video from hickcok45 you'll see him demonstrating several times that the proper racking of the slide works just fine.

e fluctibus irruit in hostem

Comsubin for ever!!!!

Old 07-28-2011, 02:48 PM   #13

Just remember that a woman sued (and won) McDonald's cause she burned herself with hot coffee. Why did she win? Cause there was no "Caution: This **** is hot!" written on the cup. The steam and the cup being hot to the touch didn't clue her dumbass in so she burned herself and it was their fault. Now if she can win millions from that, imagine what a firearms manufacturer could lose from someone losing and eye, a finger, or their life from doing something retarded and the owner's manual not implicitly telling them NOT to do it? Sometimes I weep at how stupid humanity can be...

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1931 – 2005

Last edited by Thadeuce; 07-28-2011 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Left out important word.