little gadget I made to use this gun for pocket carry - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns >

little gadget I made to use this gun for pocket carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2014, 02:34 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2220 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
Your right but any smart person is going to clean their carry weapon often to prevent a issue
I might clean my Glock this year, maybe. Yawn!

KG7IL Likes This 
Old 07-09-2014, 09:08 AM   #12
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3382 Times on 2288 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Nice. I'd have thought someone would have come up with this before now... ???

Sent from my iPhone using CC Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 07-09-2014, 09:37 AM   #13

Liked 1728 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 374

Yours is an interesting solution, but in removing the added safety, you are pointing the muzzle at your arm. Under stress, you might receive the first round as a SIW.

Carl Sagan

Old 07-09-2014, 11:10 AM   #14

Liked 3619 Times on 2067 Posts
Likes Given: 2520

I like your idea purehavoc, the longer cord looped around a belt is a sound amendment. My other concern would be pistol presentation to the hand, that is one of the main advantages of a pocket holster, you know the gun will remain in it's original position and handy to deploy.

Old 07-09-2014, 11:56 AM   #15

Liked 1151 Times on 747 Posts
Likes Given: 2042

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
Yours is an interesting solution, but in removing the added safety, you are pointing the muzzle at your arm. Under stress, you might receive the first round as a SIW.
Could happen yes but since you cant get your finger on the trigger until the cover is removed chances are highly unlikely since your pulling it back and away from the gun . It actually works best and is easier to remove when pulled down. Which will help eliminate this issue.
I will mess around with it tonight and see how it works when attached to a belt loop or belt. My only concerns about making a longer pull cord to do this is it getting hung up on the front sight, around the grip, trigger area, slide ,etc . I have made the cord just long enough now that it cant get hung up in any of that stuff .

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Last edited by purehavoc; 07-09-2014 at 12:02 PM.
LoniJo Likes This 
Old 07-09-2014, 06:29 PM   #16

Liked 331 Times on 263 Posts
Likes Given: 36

It can be hard to keep a handgun up right in many pockets with out a holster. that has a little extra width at the bottom too. They can help to smooth a pockets look too.

Old 07-10-2014, 03:16 AM   #17
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6784 Times on 3605 Posts
Likes Given: 506

i think i cleaned my lcp 3 months ago... its in my pocket all day everyday. i shot it weekend before last with the rounds in the gun flawless function yet again.

big puff of lint on the first shot but no fte ftf.

if it ever fails on these extended periods of pocket riding between shoots without cleaning or lube i will be greatly surprised.

its in my pocket when im getting super sweaty working in the yard and doesnt miss a tick when i shoot it.

anyway why not make it like a solid piece that clips to the belt extends to the pocket so when you pull it pops out. kinda like a longer strip of kydex going from the belt into the pocket. just tossing ideas
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent
People Like This 
Old 07-10-2014, 03:42 AM   #18

Liked 1336 Times on 895 Posts
Likes Given: 857

Quote:
but how do you draw and get the gun in action without a bunch of fiddling??
Tie the lanyard around your dick, so when you yank the pistol, the plastic thing comes off and stays in your pocket. Sorry, JK, couldn't resist. It's late.
I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.
Old 07-29-2014, 02:25 AM   #19

Liked 102 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 109

Well I don't know how you guys have so much lint in your pockets, shag pants? Who knows, anyways a simple idea without getting a longer lanyard is to put a safety pin in the very bottom of your pocket and put the lanyard through it so when you pull the pistol the clip stays with your pocket, recovering the trigger will be easy since your pocket will be inside out. Yes you will look silly gun fighting with your pocket hanging out but you will hopefully be alive.

I am looking to get my hands on a db9 soon and this is something I would not mind having, I would feel betting with the trigger gaurd as the gun bounces around my glove box.
Old 07-29-2014, 02:58 AM   #20
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 3450 Times on 1775 Posts
Likes Given: 372

Cleaning is essential to ANY carry gun. My G-20C gets carried daily. 40 hrs a week in a duty belt holster and the rest in a Desantis Tuck This IWB holster. I clean it monthly (when not shot) and am always amazed at the amount of dust/lint. Never enough to cause a real issue, but multiplied X 12? It could be significant