Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > lets talk about the taurus pt-25

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2010, 04:13 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default lets talk about the taurus pt-25

So I traded an old shotgun for one and I've read a ton on them, its almost a hit or miss gun where some peoples are reliable and great or garbage. And I got lucky. People say that they can't move the slide or the ammo doesn't feed and here's what I found out with mine. My slide only moves when its loaded and the safety is off and cci ammo feeds great. The gun is easy to pull a part and stays pretty clean.
But people are saying a 22 has more stopping power that this 25. My wife loves the gun and it will be hers. Hopefully I taught her well so her shot placement is dead on but how do you all feel about this gun. She's always with me, but when she's not should I go get her something bigger like a ruger lcp, but she hates bigger guns because she's thiny and hates recoil. So I don't think shed want to carry bigger. But with good shot placement will this protect her?
Thank you all much

~ You sit there with a mass murderer. A mass murderer, your heart rate is jacked. And your hand, steady. That's something I figured out about myself in prison. My hand never shakes.~
Springfield XD 45acp
Taurus PT-25

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-25-2010, 04:44 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

No doubt people have been killed with a .25. I wouldn't trust it to stop someone no more than the man on the moon. A guy I went to school was shot twice in the chest with a .25 at point blank range before the gun jammed. He was wearing layered clothing and a leather jecket. NONE of the rounds penetrated his skin.
He came back to school the next week with a new nickname, "bullteproof."

Seriously, teach her proper shooting ergo's like grip and stance. If my 8yr old can shoot my 12 guage then a lady can shoot a .45. Compromise and get her a good 38sp or 9mm.

Best of luck, but I would prefer a taser or stun gun over a tiny caliber handgun.

Old 01-25-2010, 05:29 AM   #3

Yeah she may be getting something bigger she just likes the idea of the pink grips. But I'm going to take it to the mountains this next weekend and blow its brains out. Its such a fun little pistol

~ You sit there with a mass murderer. A mass murderer, your heart rate is jacked. And your hand, steady. That's something I figured out about myself in prison. My hand never shakes.~
Springfield XD 45acp
Taurus PT-25

Old 01-25-2010, 05:31 AM   #4

Ill have her carry my ruger gp100. That'll ruin anyones day haha

Springfield XD 45acp
Taurus PT-25

Old 01-25-2010, 07:04 AM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Lots of pink guns out there that will suit her. Charter arms makes a 38, S&W makes a 38, etc.....

GP100 for her carry?

Old 01-25-2010, 11:07 AM   #6
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 42 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Forget the pink. A handgun is not a fashion accessory.

Old 01-25-2010, 01:19 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 4462 Times on 2355 Posts
Likes Given: 255

get her a nice 380 then take it and have it duracoated pink. .22 long rifle is a far far far more effective round as are CO2 powered BB guns than .25 auto...

Old 01-25-2010, 02:49 PM   #8

To her its all about the pink. I may just get her a ruger lcp. But it seems like any sub-compact out there isn't fully reliable. Maybe she can cram a 1911 or an xdm in her purse

Springfield XD 45acp
Taurus PT-25

Old 01-25-2010, 02:53 PM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by trstncmpbll View Post
Ill have her carry my ruger gp100. That'll ruin anyones day haha
You could get her the SP101 in the new .327 Federal cartridge. If what the online magazines are saying is true, you have near 9mm Luger energy with .357 Mag penetration and .380 ACP recoil. Plus, it gives you six shots in a J-frame instead of only 5.

I haven't actually tried one, but if anyone has, I'd like to know how it was.
Ruger Mk III Competition .22 LR, S&W M&P Pro Series 9mm

Old 01-25-2010, 02:57 PM   #10

Dang I'm going to look into that. I need to ween her into big guns. My ruger is "scary" she says

Springfield XD 45acp
Taurus PT-25