is it legal in california
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > is it legal in california

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 10:52 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 1

Default is it legal in california

to sell a gun online i mean for example if i post here that i wanna sell my gun and to meath this person in FFL gun store

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-08-2013, 03:53 AM   #2
XsV

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadisahouri View Post
to sell a gun online i mean for example if i post here that i wanna sell my gun and to meath this person in FFL gun store
Depends on the method of selling/buying. California is very picky with how they handle internet sales with firearms. For example, many sites cannot even sell firearms or ammunition to the state in general. Contact your local FFL because they will tell you if they can do it; they have to handle the transfer and they will tell you their fees for doing so. They will also need to be in touch with the other FFL of the buyer. It's a pretty tedious process. Also, if whatever you're selling ends up leaving California, they may require additional steps. Honestly your best bet is selling it through the shop itself or selling within the state.

Old 02-08-2013, 01:03 PM   #3

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadisahouri View Post
to sell a gun online i mean for example if i post here that i wanna sell my gun and to meet this person in FFL gun store
Quote:
Originally Posted by XsV View Post
Depends on the method of selling/buying. California is very picky with how they handle internet sales with firearms. For example, many sites cannot even sell firearms or ammunition to the state in general. Contact your local FFL because they will tell you if they can do it; they have to handle the transfer and they will tell you their fees for doing so. They will also need to be in touch with the other FFL of the buyer. It's a pretty tedious process. Also, if whatever you're selling ends up leaving California, they may require additional steps. Honestly your best bet is selling it through the shop itself or selling witn the state.
Most of that don't mean much in your situation --^^
You can advertise on or in anything that will allow you too as you plan to finish the transaction in a FFL in your state - The FFL will handle the actual firearm exchange ----------

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET