Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > LC9 // DB9 comparison

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 11:47 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1126 Times on 731 Posts
Likes Given: 2014

Default LC9 // DB9 comparison

I dont know if these have been compared together or not but I did a little review . Now Im pretty partial to my LC9 but the DB9 trigger is much much better than the LC9 and has a a shorter pull . The DB9 is a tad bit smaller and thinner than the LC9 , Its also a little bit shorter in height but holds one less round in the magazine DB9 6+1 , LC9 7+1 . Over all its a clean little CCW handgun, I havent taken it to the range yet but my buddies shoots spot on and is very accurate even stretched out past the normal 7 yards , the sights are a bit lower on the slide than the LC9 but taking aim was not bad at all . My buddy has ran 4 boxes / 200 rds thru his without a hiccup so Im hoping the same for this one .
I will be heading to the range on Monday to put a few rounds thru it
Here is a few comparison photos of size, Now keep in mind the LC9 has the extended mag plate on it .

Last edited by purehavoc; 12-28-2012 at 11:53 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-01-2013, 11:45 PM   #2

Got to take a friends DB9 out today and ran about 90 rds thru it , I ran CCI , tula and remington thru it and it ran mostly flawless, I had one FTFeed on the tula rounds but I think it was a fluke because the rest of the box of 50 ran just fine . felt recoil was lesser than my LC9 , It was more accurate than I was it was a chilling 26 deg when I was out today, The trigger is lighter and alot less distance pull than the LC9 . I didnt run any self defense ammo thru it , its just to expensive to go out and run it thru it , I will do it when mine comes and make sure it runs . Cant wait until mine comes in . Now just need to get IL to hustle on the CCW
Another thing is this breaks down super super easy , much like my S&W sigma and glock. pull side back 3/4. push down release let slide down and pull trigger , slide slide forward and its off .

Old 01-02-2013, 12:32 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 314 Times on 186 Posts
Likes Given: 63

I have the LC9 and I haven't shot it much yet but I did add a laser to it and it does seem to group really well. The trigger does take some getting used to.

The DB9 looks like a good option. What do they cost? I could be talked out of the LC9 if something better were to come along.

Old 01-02-2013, 01:02 AM   #4

Liked 285 Times on 247 Posts

I love the DB9 on paper in the DAO category. Shorter trigger pull, better and toolless Takedown system (like that of Glock), and their little 380 had better sights than that of competitive LCP.

Old 01-02-2013, 01:26 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aandabooks View Post
I have the LC9 and I haven't shot it much yet but I did add a laser to it and it does seem to group really well. The trigger does take some getting used to.

The DB9 looks like a good option. What do they cost? I could be talked out of the LC9 if something better were to come along.
I think they sell for around $379 or so depending on the dealer . I will not be selling my LC9 but when we get the CCW here I will be carrying the DB9 , yes its one round short of the LC9 but no big deal if you cant make a threat stop in 7 shots you need more practice . It shot 3" groups at 7 yards and I had not had any trigger time with this one until today , I also shot with gloves on since it was 26 degrees , Either way I was impressed with it , I like not having all the safeties also actually is didnt have any safeties other than the DAO which is more than plenty for this type of firearm .
If you get a chance go rent one and put a box of shells thru it I think you too will be impressed