Lc9
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Lc9

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2012, 01:14 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default Lc9

Does anyone know anything about them? Do they shoot ok? Sights ok? Just looking at maybe getting one.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-20-2012, 01:57 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I have one and am tickled to death with it. Ran 100 rounds thru it yesterday, on problems. IMO don't buy a Kel tec PF-9. Not fun to shoot.

Old 02-20-2012, 02:23 AM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hossman
I have one and am tickled to death with it. Ran 100 rounds thru it yesterday, on problems. IMO don't buy a Kel tec PF-9. Not fun to shoot.
I have the LCP. It's ok for what it's designed to do I guess. It's just very hard to shoot accurately and it's very snappy. And I hate how these practically no sights. Just wondering if the LC9 was like that.

Old 02-20-2012, 02:27 AM   #4

Liked 1128 Times on 733 Posts
Likes Given: 2015

I think the factory sights are set at 7 yards and I shoot pretty decent groups at 7 yds with it , beyond that the sights are off and I dont have as accuate groups, GREAT GUN for the money !!!!!!

Old 02-20-2012, 02:30 AM   #5

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc
I think the factory sights are set at 7 yards and I shoot pretty decent groups at 7 yds with it , beyond that the sights are off and I dont have as accuate groups, GREAT GUN for the money !!!!!!
Are the factory sites adjustable?

Old 02-20-2012, 02:35 AM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I also have the LCP (.380) The LC9 is better, it's bigger, it's easier to hold on to and the rear sight has 2 dots for a 3 dot sight picture. I have put the LCP in the safe. Really don't want to get rid of it but don't expect to be shooting or carrying it much. I do a lot of shooting from the hip. I practice that for SD situations. I shoot with both eyes open even when using the sights. If I can get kill shots in practice I don't care if I don't get 2" groups. If I'm looking for a nice target to show my friends I have several that are tack drivers, one being a .22LR V8 Dan Wesson.

And the factory sights are dove tail adjustable.

Old 02-20-2012, 02:43 AM   #7

My wife carries an LC9 and really likes it. She has shot approx. 350 rounds of various types of ammo without a hiccup. The sights are pretty good for a gun this size and I believe nite sites will be available for it fairly soon. It is a little snappy when shooting 124 grain Plus P Speer Gold Dots, but it is very manageable. Now, it is not a long range gun by no means. It is best at 8-12 yards max. It has good reliability, good ergonomics, and very easy to conceal. The only problem we've had was a front sight that would walk out of the dovetail on the slide. Otherwise, a very good EDC firearm.

Stay Sharp!

Considering the consequences is never wasted time.