Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Latest Addition (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/latest-addition-9419/)

jeepcreep927 12-25-2008 08:40 AM

Latest Addition

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/j...PC250011-1.jpg

Picked it up yesterday, my second CZ 75B .40, along with two Essential Arms AR lowers. Ordered them from my buddy who is an FFL holder and has a small shop. He has TONS of AR mags if any one is looking. Pmag 20's and 30's, Brownells 30's and H&K 30's. PM me if you want his info.

For anyone else with a .40 cal CZ75, If you're looking for more mags, order the ones for a "Champion" model. They are made by MEC-GAR (they supply the factory mags for CZ). They hold 12 rounds instead of 10. Flat metal base plate rather than the thick plastic one on the 10 rounders. Brownells has them in stock.

hillbilly68 12-25-2008 10:43 AM

Sah-weeet! Trying to figure out what the last gun of the year is going to be for me too. To quote household six, "we have three of those? when did we get three of those?" :D

I love this Country!

Mark F 12-25-2008 12:05 PM

You can't go wrong with a CZ! I bought 4 12 round mags for mine.

Dillinger 12-25-2008 03:10 PM

Very nice addition Jeep. Was that a gift, or a gift for yourself?

JD

jeepcreep927 12-26-2008 08:46 PM

My wife got it for me for Christmas, she just doesn't know it yet. :D

I am thinking I might scoop the last three AR lowers he has too. I already have five AR's, but I am a little paranoid about next month. Rather have 'em and not need 'em than need 'em and not have 'em.

The new Essential Arms lowers are forged, not cast like their earlier ones. In comparing the ones I bought the other day to my DPMS, I see no differences. Color is very uniform and there are no cosmetic flaws. I am very happy with them. If anyone else has considered Essential give them a try.

Dillinger 12-26-2008 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepcreep927 (Post 57616)
My wife got it for me for Christmas, she just doesn't know it yet. :D

Nice. Those are some of the best presents....

Quote:

I am thinking I might scoop the last three AR lowers he has too. I already have five AR's, but I am a little paranoid about next month. Rather have 'em and not need 'em than need 'em and not have 'em.
If nothing else, I would imagine next summer you could sell them for more than you paid for them. I don't think BHO & Biden are going to let too much time in office expire before they put the outright ban into effect...

And I hope they contract cancer, syphillis, whopping cough and Typhoid Fever in the process...:rolleyes:

JD

jeepcreep927 12-26-2008 09:30 PM

Yeah, I think you're right about the short time limit before they start the ban. I had one lower (a cast Essential) that was pre ban (1994) that I sold in 2003 for like $400. I don't know if I will try to use these as a money maker or just hang onto them. I really can't decide on how to build 7 rifles in different configuarations though. Ahhh, I love dillemmas like this...

Dillinger 12-26-2008 09:37 PM

^ LOL - That's a problem most here on this forum would LOVE to have...

jeepcreep927 12-26-2008 09:45 PM

Yeah, I need to curtail my gun buying activities here soon. Believe it or not, I really can't think of another gun I "need" off hand. Aside from a 1911 in .38 Super, an IMI Timberwolf, and a Coonan Model B. Other than that, I am pretty much set.

Have you noticed a big jump in sales at the shop you work in? I can't imagine the firearms industry isn't making money hand over fist right now. I do wonder though, if there are people buying guns for the first time, or people who are not "gun people" buying in anticipation of a ban?

If that is the case, how many of those people voted for Nobama?

Dillinger 12-26-2008 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepcreep927 (Post 57630)

Have you noticed a big jump in sales at the shop you work in? I can't imagine the firearms industry isn't making money hand over fist right now. I do wonder though, if there are people buying guns for the first time, or people who are not "gun people" buying in anticipation of a ban?

Immediately we saw a spike in AR requests. We have probably taken more AR builds, and orders, than we had in any month over the last 4 years, easily.

We haven't seen a spike in tactical builds, or hunting builds, but inquiries about costs to build AR's, or buy them, have been constant. Olympic, DPMS and Stag have been on speed dial for awhile now... LOL