Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Laser Sights

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2009, 07:15 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Remember, lasers let the bad guys know where the bullets will be coming from. You be better off taking a tactical handgun course that teaches high stress shooting from cover. It's far more practical that an expensive laser.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 07-25-2009, 07:26 PM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Post a pic if you get a chance; that is the option i'm considering for a lil help incase of a suprise low-light confrontation (assuming i can't get to the Mossy).
Ok, I will get it this next week, you want the picture with it mounted?

Layton

Old 07-25-2009, 07:35 PM   #13
Deader Bears=Better Bears

Liked 5617 Times on 3303 Posts
Likes Given: 4695

If you don't mind, mounted would be better. I love my XD, but keeping it fed & well-dressed may break me.

Old 07-25-2009, 07:50 PM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
If you don't mind, mounted would be better. I love my XD, but keeping it fed & well-dressed may break me.
The main reason I am getting the laser is to help on dryfire practice and low light/night situations if they ever occur.

Layton

Old 08-22-2009, 02:48 AM   #15

Woo hoo! I did order the laser and it arrived today. As soon as I took it out of the package, my husband beelined over to inspect and play with it for a while. It is so bright and precise and I really like the green color. I can hardly wait to try it out ... however, hubby says he thinks it will fit his AR15.

Heh heh, okay, he can play with it, too. I just want to use it for a while to see if it will help me aim better using my sights.

ETA: Went out to the range today. The laser doesn't help me. I think I'm going to just keep with the point and shoot method So I guess hubby got a new toy and he's ecstatic about it.

Last edited by themyst; 08-23-2009 at 03:18 AM.

Old 08-23-2009, 04:41 AM   #16
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear the laser was of no help. How did you zero it in (how did you line it up with the barrel)? A laser sight on a pistol requires it to be zeroed like a scope on a rifle. Many people think you mount the laser and it hits target but you have to zero it in.

If open sights or laser sights don't work for you I would suggest proffesional training. Point and shoot method is trypically a skill level above sight shooters. Otherwise it is called spray and pray and that is no way to defend yourself..

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 08-23-2009, 01:37 PM   #17

I am considering professional training, thanks for the suggestion. I'd really like to be able to master this thing. As far as zeroing it in, see, that's part of the problem. Hubby took care of that ... he is so into guns that he tries to take care of everything for me even over my protests. He just can't help himself and I don't want to make him feel bad. That's actually why I came to this forum ... to get a second opinion, etc. every now and then. So yes, professional training will help me on all levels.

Old 08-23-2009, 02:10 PM   #18

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Where are you at in Maine?? I know some very good instructors that I have taken multiple classes with. I can PM you their info

Old 08-24-2009, 01:49 AM   #19

Washington County

Old 08-24-2009, 02:12 AM   #20

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 37

oh that's too bad kinda a long drive to york co lol couple of really great York co sheriffs that run it
Concepts for Personal Protection

Tags
laser combat shooting