Ladies - Comments on Pink Pistols - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns >

Ladies - Comments on Pink Pistols

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2012, 02:07 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 41 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 62

I think the pink appeals to new female shooters. I think it's more of a "Hey! Look at me! I'm pink! Don't you want to take me home with you? I match your under-roos perfectly!"

My wife (who doesn't shoot, doesn't want to shoot, doesn't want to talk about shooting or even know anything about it) even made a comment about it one day. We were at a local store that sells guns and they had a pink revolver in the case. She made mention that it was ridiculous and a little bit sexist.

I guess it's no different than the Zombie green stuff. It appeals to some people. My mother is one of them. She bought her first gun recently and before buying it, she emailed me to get my opinion on what she should look for. She stated that she specifically wanted a "pink one". It didn't take me long to convince her that going after a pink gun would seriously limit her on choices and quality. I know Taurus makes some decent revolvers in pink, Bersa makes the Thunder with pink grips and Walther carries their little .22 in some kind of pink camo or something, but that's about it. They're not the nicest guns you'll find and the other guys like Jiminez are garbage. I think buying a gun you like because of the way it fits and shoots is a good place to start. You can deck it out with all the pink or green or blue or whatever color you want after you own it.

Just my 2 cents.
Three old hunters were walking through the woods one day. The first looks over at the others and says, "Windy isn't it?" The second says, "I was sure it was Thursday." The third says, "Me too! The heck with hunting, let's go get a beer!"
People Like This 
Old 12-09-2012, 02:11 AM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6791 Times on 3610 Posts
Likes Given: 506

Quote:
Originally Posted by heymatthew View Post
I think the pink appeals to new female shooters. I think it's more of a "Hey! Look at me! I'm pink! Don't you want to take me home with you? I match your under-roos perfectly!"

My wife (who doesn't shoot, doesn't want to shoot, doesn't want to talk about shooting or even know anything about it) even made a comment about it one day. We were at a local store that sells guns and they had a pink revolver in the case. She made mention that it was ridiculous and a little bit sexist.

I guess it's no different than the Zombie green stuff. It appeals to some people. My mother is one of them. She bought her first gun recently and before buying it, she emailed me to get my opinion on what she should look for. She stated that she specifically wanted a "pink one". It didn't take me long to convince her that going after a pink gun would seriously limit her on choices and quality. I know Taurus makes some decent revolvers in pink, Bersa makes the Thunder with pink grips and Walther carries their little .22 in some kind of pink camo or something, but that's about it. They're not the nicest guns you'll find and the other guys like Jiminez are garbage. I think buying a gun you like because of the way it fits and shoots is a good place to start. You can deck it out with all the pink or green or blue or whatever color you want after you own it.

Just my 2 cents.
i agree. diy it whatever you want after you secure a quality firearm. most pink guns out of the factory are just junk
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent
heymatthew Likes This 
Old 12-09-2012, 02:20 AM   #13

Liked 41 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 62

Oh and one more thing...

I think buying a pink gun will REALLY limit your resale market. Some people buy guns and keep them forever and ever. But if you decide to sell your pink gun, be prepared to have to wait for what will most likely be a woman shooter and they don't make up the majority of shooters, in my opinion.

Painting, Duracoting or Cerakoting a gun pink really brings down the resale value as well, in my opinion. I like to make modifications to guns that can be undone. Pink grips, scopes, stocks, mags, rail covers, buttstocks, etc. are all great ways to accessorize a standard-color pistol without disrupting the resale value or limiting your resale market.

Again, just my 2 cents. I'm not a woman though so I could be way off base here. We all know that what we THINK women are thinking, actually couldn't be farther from the truth. LOL!
Three old hunters were walking through the woods one day. The first looks over at the others and says, "Windy isn't it?" The second says, "I was sure it was Thursday." The third says, "Me too! The heck with hunting, let's go get a beer!"

Old 12-09-2012, 02:36 AM   #14

Liked 385 Times on 238 Posts
Likes Given: 156

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
instead of three whit dots on the sights its got three pink dots. nice touch on that

so you dont think i should have my scar17 duracoated with pink digicam??

the scope was done custom anodized pink by leupold in their custom shop its a vx3 rimfire efr 3-9x
I would personally donate $50 to see your SCAR in pink....lol after which I would take several days off from work due to illness.

Old 12-09-2012, 05:03 PM   #15

Liked 65 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 59

There are more and more women shooting handguns today...
More women shooters than ever before. Pink guns are available for one reason only - because they sell.
Same with the green zombie stuff & and the cottage industry of 1911 grips and parts and other customizations of 1911's.

We may all complain about the marketing proliferation of 'zombie gear' and pink guns but as long as these things are selling and making money for someone - they will be around.

I say anything that helps or exposes or brings someone closer to shooting sports is a good thing.

Old 12-09-2012, 05:23 PM   #16
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4463 Times on 2482 Posts
Likes Given: 194

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartwatkins
There are more and more women shooting handguns today...
More women shooters than ever before. Pink guns are available for one reason only - because they sell.
Same with the green zombie stuff & and the cottage industry of 1911 grips and parts and other customizations of 1911's.

We may all complain about the marketing proliferation of 'zombie gear' and pink guns but as long as these things are selling and making money for someone - they will be around.

I say anything that helps or exposes or brings someone closer to shooting sports is a good thing.
Honestly, I'm surprised they sell, not that I think it's a bad thing I just don't see the appeal. I don't like pink at all, I would never buy a pink gun, I would never buy a pink anything. Sorry Jon but I think a pink gun is like a pink Camaro, just isn't right.... That's just me.

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 12-10-2012, 04:26 PM   #17
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8772 Times on 5242 Posts
Likes Given: 11651

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
ruger 10/22

Ladies - Comments on Pink Pistols - Semi-Auto Handguns
I love this gun of Jon's. It's even prettier in real life. It certainly is an eye-catcher!!

Personally, I like pink guns. I would never buy a gun just because it is pink but if there was a gun I was seriously interested in and it came in pink, I might consider it. I did buy the Sig p238 in the "Lady Model" which is the same Sig in a fancy color with a little engraving.

What I like about a pink (or any other non-typical gun) is that it kind of personalizes it. When we buy a car, furniture, paint our houses, etc., we choose a color that appeals to use and makes it 'ours'. I have a pink cover on my cell phone because it sets it out from most others and it makes it 'mine'.

I like pink guns. But I don't own one. And if someone is stupid enough to buy a gun simply because it's pink.......well, their an idiot.