Kimbers, best looking guns in world? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Kimbers, best looking guns in world?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2012, 01:31 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billt

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but just how does one go about making a gun with "too high of precision"? Wouldn't a Rolex and an F-1 Ferrari fit into that category as well? That wouldn't make a Timex and a Chevy better.
They try to make the barrels to precise so that they are more accurate, but that results in reloads and low grade ammo with imperfect form jamming the gun.

When they kick out your front door, how you gonna come. With your hands on your head or on the trigger of your gun?

Guns of Brixton- The Clash

Old 05-31-2012, 01:44 PM   #22

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenney View Post
They try to make the barrels to precise so that they are more accurate, but that results in reloads and low grade ammo with imperfect form jamming the gun.
If they cut their chambers to SAAMI specs., and the ammunition being fired is manufactured to SAAMI specs., there shouldn't be any problem. The tolerances of both are generous enough to allow trouble free operation. If one or the other is out of tolerance, then feeding issues will occur. A "match chamber" still has enough tolerance to allow for trouble free operation if the ammunition is correct.

Old 05-31-2012, 01:58 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2815 Times on 1398 Posts
Likes Given: 291

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenney View Post
I know kimber has a bad habit of making gun with too high of precision...
Seriously? No such thing. If Wilson, Brown & Baer can get them tight and not create problems, then what Kimber's excuse?
I will give Kimber points for styling. Beyond that, they aren't special. They are simply a company making average mass produced 1911s at premium prices. They do have a disproportionally large advertising budget and a surprisingly bad warranty.
NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld

Old 06-04-2012, 08:24 PM   #24

Liked 25 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
Seriously? No such thing. If Wilson, Brown & Baer can get them tight and not create problems, then what Kimber's excuse?
I will give Kimber points for styling. Beyond that, they aren't special. They are simply a company making average mass produced 1911s at premium prices. They do have a disproportionally large advertising budget and a surprisingly bad warranty.
Heeee....heeee.....bwaaahaaaa...haaa...that about sums it up for me....