Kimbers, best looking guns in world? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Kimbers, best looking guns in world?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2012, 06:12 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcb View Post
Personally I think the Colt Python is the most beautiful handgun ever made. Followed in a close second by the S&W Model 29.

Kimber makes a beautiful 1911 but I still prefer a Colt.
This x infinity.

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Old 05-29-2012, 07:07 PM   #12

Liked 4784 Times on 2313 Posts
Likes Given: 1474

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
The early years of kimber some fine shooters were made. After it was sold its become a production company. Better than some ,not as good as other. Just another mid range 1911 today.
When did this sea change in Kimber Quality occur? Not trolling here, I'm actually currious. I've seen bad reports lately about Kimber CS and find it interesting because I bought an Eclipse Pro II new about 9 years ago and except for changing recoil springs, it's been flawless. I've never needed there CS so I'm wondering what changed and when? Was it after my 9 year old gun was built? Should I plan on Colt for my next 1911. Honestly, given the perfection of my first and only Kimber, I'd buy from them again unless there is a good reason not to. Thanks

Tack

Old 05-29-2012, 07:23 PM   #13

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

When did this sea change in Kimber Quality occur? Not trolling here, I'm actually currious. I've seen bad reports lately about Kimber CS and find it interesting because I bought an Eclipse Pro II new about 9 years ago and except for changing recoil springs, it's been flawless. I've never needed there CS so I'm wondering what changed and when? Was it after my 9 year old gun was built? Should I plan on Colt for my next 1911. Honestly, given the perfection of my first and only Kimber, I'd buy from them again unless there is a good reason not to. Thanks

Tack
I haven't experienced this downturn in kimber quality myself, nor do i personally know anyone who has. But i hear the same thing all over the place, it sounds like the demand for them skyrocketed and they started cutting corners to meet demands, but idk.

I've had my custom tactical II for 5 years now and after tens of thousands of rounds through it i have yet to experience a single problem. The only gripe i have with kimber is how quickly and easily the finish wears off. I really don't consider it a major issue though, it's my daily carry not a safe queen

Old 05-31-2012, 01:00 AM   #14

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

One thing I forgot to mention that I didn't care for with my Kimber Stainless II was the plastic mainspring housing. If Remington, Ruger, and Springfield can put steel mainspring housings on a $650.00 pistol, Kimber needs to get their act together and cut out the plastic on a 1K gun. It obviously wasn't a deal breaker for me, but the more I think about it, and look at it, the more it bothers me. I love 1911's, but my collection will most likely not see another Kimber.

Old 05-31-2012, 01:02 AM   #15

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenney
I know kimber has a bad habit of making gun with too high of precision, which can make them jam, as opposed to a gun that will eat anything, but I can't seem to think of a single manufacture who comes close to their style. Any ideas or counter argument?
I love the way the Kimber looks, but like you said, I can't get past the jamming and one year warranty.
I'll take my colt over a kimber but I'd still like to own one for myself.

Old 05-31-2012, 01:23 AM   #16

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Kimber is a 1911 pattern pistol with finish issues, feed and eject issues, customer service issues and a one year warranty. Just what criterion do you apply, in addition to looks, when you purchase a handgun?

You want to buy a truly be-ute-tee-full 1911 get one of these;

The 1918 version of the Colt M1911. Now that's a worthy gun of your OP quote, "...best looking gun(s) in (the) world..."!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 05-31-2012, 02:02 AM   #17

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenney View Post
I know kimber has a bad habit of making gun with too high of precision.
I'm not trying to be argumentative, but just how does one go about making a gun with "too high of precision"? Wouldn't a Rolex and an F-1 Ferrari fit into that category as well? That wouldn't make a Timex and a Chevy better.

Old 05-31-2012, 02:02 AM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 91 Times on 67 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Kimbers are beautiful

Old 05-31-2012, 02:15 AM   #19
mcb

Liked 68 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake
Kimber is a 1911 pattern pistol with finish issues, feed and eject issues, customer service issues and a one year warranty. Just what criterion do you apply, in addition to looks, when you purchase a handgun?

You want to buy a truly be-ute-tee-full 1911 get one of these;

The 1918 version of the Colt M1911. Now that's a worthy gun of your OP quote, "...best looking gun(s) in (the) world..."!
Cane that's a beauty

Old 05-31-2012, 03:05 AM   #20

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcb View Post
Cane that's a beauty
Thanks, it's a Colt Model O1911ANVIII and will remain in my arsenal un-fired.

And it is THE best looking 1911 out there! It's what all 1911's for sale today copied.

colto1911anviii.jpg

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello