Kimber Ultra Raptor II 45 ACP.

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Kimber Ultra Raptor II 45 ACP.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2008, 04:23 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Kimber Ultra Raptor II 45 ACP.

Anyone have any feedback on this pistol? I looked at one today and I like it.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-14-2008, 05:06 AM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCW357 View Post
Anyone have any feedback on this pistol? I looked at one today and I like it.
Not on the 3" Ultra Raptor, but I carried the 4" Raptor II from Kimber for well over a year.

The weapon was well built and very reliable. I fed that thing well over 3K rounds, ranging from factory, to cheap range reloads, to Ranger hollow points for personal protection and the weapon never missed a beat.

I carried on my hip, and in a shoulder rig, and the only thing I would have changed about the weapon was the ambi safety. I never felt the ambi safety was needed, unless you were dedicated left handed, in which case you need a left hand only safety.

The weapon is good, bordering on very good, and the manufacturer is well known and stands behind their product. I would have no problems recommending the Raptor II from Kimber to a loved one.

JD

Old 09-14-2008, 05:23 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply, JD. I am still contemplating between the Ultra and the one you had. I need the ambi safety as Im a lefty. I was thinking for carry the Ultra would be more comfortable. Im in Florida so not alot of jackets ,heavy shirts and such most of the year.

Old 09-14-2008, 09:01 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Be sure to check out both the Kimber Pro CDP ll and Compact CDP ll.

Old 09-14-2008, 04:07 PM   #5

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCW357 View Post
Thanks for the reply, JD. I am still contemplating between the Ultra and the one you had. I need the ambi safety as Im a lefty. I was thinking for carry the Ultra would be more comfortable. Im in Florida so not alot of jackets ,heavy shirts and such most of the year.
I can honestly say that the Kimber models being produced have been very good to me. I have owned 3, and still have 2, and they have all been reliable.

I have probably shot just about everything in their line up at one time of the other, except for the polymer framed models.

Given your climate, you might want to look at the aluminum framed units to keep weight down. While I prefer the steel framed models, your standard of dress in that part of the country might precipitate a little less weight.

Keep us posted on which way you go - plus pictures are always welcome.

JD

Old 09-15-2008, 12:15 AM   #6

Im going to look at the longer one .the 4" model. Its a toss up between the two. I t fits my hsnd s lot better than the Ultra.

Old 09-15-2008, 09:56 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I have a Compact II. It's the same size as the Raptor but only half the price. After a few thousand rounds my Compact smoothed way out. If it was me, I'd get the Compact II and a couple of cases of ammo.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 09-16-2008, 04:26 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
I have a Compact II. It's the same size as the Raptor but only half the price. After a few thousand rounds my Compact smoothed way out. If it was me, I'd get the Compact II and a couple of cases of ammo.
Amen to that. The CompactII is a very nice shooting pistol and with the right grips for your hand it is very controllable. Plus like matt g said you can spend all that extra cash on ammo.