Kimber Solo Carry - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Kimber Solo Carry

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2011, 10:13 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSwan
I have had my Solo Carry for about 4 months. After 500+ rounds not a single problem. However, I am someone who reads and follows directions. I didn't over lube it (a known problem with this gun and clearly stated in the manual) and used the recommended ammo.

Great gun if you are not a ignoramus.
I guess all guns are made the same I also read and follow directions and did not over lube I have several brand name hand guns and never ever had a problem when you load the first run the slide does not close I used the ammo that Kimber recommends and it will not load. I have shot 50 round with a problem every time.
Bad gun and not all people how have a problem with a gun are IGNORAMUSES
__________________
srkjut is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 03:45 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3
Default Kimber Comment

I was not directing that comment at you. Sorry you are having problems, i understand your frustration. My comment was a general one because the people i know who have this gun and had a problem were all over lubing it. With this said, have you tried running it totally dry? Secondly, I have eight magazines for mine. One is defective and causes problems. Have you noticed that this occurs with the same magazine or not? Just trying to help.

__________________
LordSwan is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:00 AM   #23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vienna,Virginia
Posts: 6
Default Kimber Solo Update

First of all I apologize for not giving an update fore so long but I finally got around to taking the Kimber Solo replacement (re original post of 5/11/10) to the range today (1/14/12). In my second post (8/29) I stated that the replacement seemed much better than the original; we were shooting other pistols that day though so we didn’t spend the majority of time on the Solo. The big picture is, as of today, It Does Not Work. This is my wife’s handgun and I’m telling her that she should look at the Beretta Nano, Ruger LC9, and Diamond Back DB9. In any event, my Kahr PM9, Beretta, Smith & Wesson, and Walther all Work but the Kimber Solo Does Not Work. It is nothing more than a single shot handgun that requires too much time (to clear jams/etc.) between shots. I will be asking Kimber for a refund. If they don’t give me my money back then I thinking that I will sell it for what I can get. The problem with selling it is that I hate to think of somebody buying it and depending on it – any comments re this moral dilemma would be appreciated. Hope this provides everybody with more information on the Kimber Solo.

Regarding the poster stating “My comment was a general one because the people i know who have this gun and had a problem were all over lubing it.” – there are very few folks around that have a Kimber Solo so I don’t put any faith in that comment. I know that my wife and I signed up for 3 Kimber Solos in January 2010 (the month they were announced) at two different dealers. One dealer (largest in the D.C. area) with my name and her name (she a few days before me), and another well known dealer in Tennessee. Long story short, we received one of the first two that were shipped to the D.C. area. We are still on the waiting list for another one from the D.C. area dealer and I’m one of the firsts from the Tenn. area dealer. The big picture is that Kimber Solos are not available and it looks to me they have a Design/Production Problem.

__________________
RAMI is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:03 AM   #24
SIG
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Springfield,Missouri
Posts: 18
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMI View Post
First of all I apologize for not giving an update fore so long but I finally got around to taking the Kimber Solo replacement (re original post of 5/11/10) to the range today (1/14/12). In my second post (8/29) I stated that the replacement seemed much better than the original; we were shooting other pistols that day though so we didn’t spend the majority of time on the Solo. The big picture is, as of today, It Does Not Work. This is my wife’s handgun and I’m telling her that she should look at the Beretta Nano, Ruger LC9, and Diamond Back DB9. In any event, my Kahr PM9, Beretta, Smith & Wesson, and Walther all Work but the Kimber Solo Does Not Work. It is nothing more than a single shot handgun that requires too much time (to clear jams/etc.) between shots. I will be asking Kimber for a refund. If they don’t give me my money back then I thinking that I will sell it for what I can get. The problem with selling it is that I hate to think of somebody buying it and depending on it – any comments re this moral dilemma would be appreciated. Hope this provides everybody with more information on the Kimber Solo.

Regarding the poster stating “My comment was a general one because the people i know who have this gun and had a problem were all over lubing it.” – there are very few folks around that have a Kimber Solo so I don’t put any faith in that comment. I know that my wife and I signed up for 3 Kimber Solos in January 2010 (the month they were announced) at two different dealers. One dealer (largest in the D.C. area) with my name and her name (she a few days before me), and another well known dealer in Tennessee. Long story short, we received one of the first two that were shipped to the D.C. area. We are still on the waiting list for another one from the D.C. area dealer and I’m one of the firsts from the Tenn. area dealer. The big picture is that Kimber Solos are not available and it looks to me they have a Design/Production Problem.
If they have a "design problem" then why don't ALL of them behave as yours does? I have several hundred rounds through my Solo and it has been 100% reliable.
__________________
SIG is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:17 AM   #25
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MrWray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,372
Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIG
If they have a "design problem" then why don't ALL of them behave as yours does? I have several hundred rounds through my Solo and it has been 100% reliable.
I am happy that you have a good one, but a flawless kimber is a rare beast anymore.
__________________

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

MrWray is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:27 AM   #26
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Paladin201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis,MO
Posts: 445
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default

Kimber has joined a number of other companies in having spotty quality control of late. I tried the Solo, but it seemed pretty snappy in the recoil department compared to my Kahr CM9.

__________________
Paladin201 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:58 PM   #27
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vienna,Virginia
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIG View Post
If they have a "design problem" then why don't ALL of them behave as yours does? I have several hundred rounds through my Solo and it has been 100% reliable.
It could be a design or production problem (design/production). For example, a shop making BBQ grills probably would not be able to meet the tight tolerances required to reliably make a semi-auto pistol that requires tight tolerances. The design could also be flawed; it wouldn't be the first. So, it appears to be as I stated.

Consider this (dates from memory so allow me some margin here): Product announcement in January 2011 – initial shipping (per Kimber) scheduled late January 2011 – people opting to buy other (competitors’) products as the first year passes - high percentage of people (that actually received one) reporting problems with the Solo. There’s no two ways about it, the Kimber Solo is not living up to Kimber’s expectations. Assuming that Kimber is in the business to make money/profit, they have a problem with the Solo; I haven’t seen any statements by Kimber claiming that the Solo is a limited edition. My guess is that they have problems with the Solo. What do you think that problem would be; design, production, or user? Considering that Kimber is not fulfilling orders in a timely manner I bet that it is not a user problem.
__________________
RAMI is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 12:06 AM   #28
SIG
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Springfield,Missouri
Posts: 18
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMI View Post
It could be a design or production problem (design/production). For example, a shop making BBQ grills probably would not be able to meet the tight tolerances required to reliably make a semi-auto pistol that requires tight tolerances. The design could also be flawed; it wouldn't be the first. So, it appears to be as I stated.

Consider this (dates from memory so allow me some margin here): Product announcement in January 2011 – initial shipping (per Kimber) scheduled late January 2011 – people opting to buy other (competitors’) products as the first year passes - high percentage of people (that actually received one) reporting problems with the Solo. There’s no two ways about it, the Kimber Solo is not living up to Kimber’s expectations. Assuming that Kimber is in the business to make money/profit, they have a problem with the Solo; I haven’t seen any statements by Kimber claiming that the Solo is a limited edition. My guess is that they have problems with the Solo. What do you think that problem would be; design, production, or user? Considering that Kimber is not fulfilling orders in a timely manner I bet that it is not a user problem.
If it's not mostly a user problem then why don't all Solos have problems? If the design is bad then every Solo should be malfunctioning, which is not the case. I have seen plenty of people post how they are completely satisfied with their Solos and have never had any problems. I would really like to see stats on total production vs. problem guns to see just how widespread the "problems" are. I am betting it's not nearly as bad as portrayed.
__________________
SIG is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Kimber Solo Carry freefall Semi-Auto Handguns 4 03-10-2011 02:59 PM
Kimber Solo Carry Review, Comparison, and Range Shots KyGunCo 1911 Forum 9 03-04-2011 12:06 AM
Kimber Solo Carry Review, Comparison, and Range Shots KyGunCo Semi-Auto Handguns 2 01-28-2011 12:12 PM
Shot Show Visitors...re:Kimber Solo sweeper22 Semi-Auto Handguns 6 01-27-2011 12:49 AM