Kimber Solo Carry - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Kimber Solo Carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2011, 06:01 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznZOhAn View Post
It's a kimber, you should have gotten a Glock, Springfield, or Sig, they feed, shoot good, and feel good.
Kimber replaced my Solo and I traded the new one for a Springfield EMP. Stopped to clean, lube, then 150 flawless rounds. My other pistol is a Sig 226. Yes, I learned my lesson.

Old 07-19-2011, 07:10 AM   #12

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icabod

Kimber replaced my Solo and I traded the new one for a Springfield EMP. Stopped to clean, lube, then 150 flawless rounds. My other pistol is a Sig 226. Yes, I learned my lesson.
I like the emp, thought about getting one myself, I got a mc operator instead I wanted a full size. I had a kimber pro custom 2 that I had jamming problems with(over 150 rounds out of the 500 round break in and 22 rnds out of 100 after the gun smith did some tweaking) so I traded it for sig 220 carry.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:26 PM   #13

Liked 27 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Default Kimber Solo Carry

On 4/13/11 I put down a deposit on a Kimber Solo Carry after having read about it in a gun magazine. It is distressing to read about some of the problems that are being reported. About a week later I went to Cabelas and bought a Kahr P9. I have probably shot 200 rounds thru the Kahr so far and I really like it a lot. Not a single problem yet. At this point I am seriously considering canceling the Kimber order, especially since I have been waiting 4 months now and keep seeing the reports of the problems. I also saw a you tube where the magazine kept falling out every time it was fired.

Old 08-14-2011, 12:27 AM   #14
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I ordered mine in January from my local gun shop and when I asked about them they started laughing saying that they might come by the end of the year.....maybe, if we are lucky. That is a big turn off for me when ordering a firearm. I wish Kimber would say something on their website about their back log problem and keep the consumers informed and keep them from jumping ship and buying another firearm. I know it would go a long way with me.

Old 08-29-2011, 01:27 AM   #15

Default Kimber Solo Update

This is an update on my Kimber Solo experience. I did receive a replacement within two weeks of my posting. My apologies for not giving an update sooner but I’ve been working seven days a week trying to live through the Obamination that besieged us back in January of ‘09. Anyway, we (wife and I) took it to the NRA range today and ran 20 Winchester Bonded PDXI 147 gr. JHP through it with no problem. It then ate up around 20 PMC Bronze 115 gr. FMJ (target) with one FTE. Then we tried the Rem. target loads: went through 10 with no problem and then one “jam/FTE” per shot. So far this one looks better then the first one (see my first post). I need to point out that this Solo appeared to be used, either that or Kimber worked on it before shipping because I had no problem breaking it it down for inspection and reassembling it (unlike a new one). Note that I am not an experienced user of semi-auto pistols so I’m not talking from experience. I don’t know when I’ll have a chance to take it to the range again before November (I work at my day job and do farmer markets on Sat. and Sun.). I do hope this update helps. I would be happy to talk to anybody via phone or email to discuss specifics (pdbrock@gmail.com).

Old 11-20-2011, 01:26 AM   #16

Liked 27 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I was at the gun shop where I had my deposit on a Kimber Solo that I ordered back in April. After a lot of thinking I decided to cancel the order. The Kahr P9 that I got back in April has been a flawless performer and I have still been reading posts on other forums about some of the problems and less than stellar customer service from Kimber. To be honest there were also some posts from people who were very happy with their Solos. I really didn't need another 9mm and just got tired of waiting. The store was good about it and I used the $50 deposit to get a couple of extra mags for the 1911. Someone else on the waiting list will be happy to get theirs sooner. Maybe I will get one in the future but only if they are actually in stock somewhere.

Old 11-20-2011, 02:05 PM   #17
SIG

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Sorry I can't jump in on the Solo bashing. I've had mine for about a month now and have put over 200 rounds through it without a single problem. Oh, and that includes about 50 rounds of WWB 115gr.

Old 11-20-2011, 02:43 PM   #18

Liked 2180 Times on 1471 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

SAD- You dont always get what you pay for

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 11-24-2011, 01:15 AM   #19

I have had my Solo Carry for four months.

Old 11-24-2011, 01:20 AM   #20

I have had my Solo Carry for about 4 months. After 500+ rounds not a single problem. However, I am someone who reads and follows directions. I didn't over lube it (a known problem with this gun and clearly stated in the manual) and used the recommended ammo.

Great gun if you are not a ignoramus.