Kimber Solo Carry
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Kimber Solo Carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2011, 12:52 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default Kimber Solo Carry

So. I went into Boondocks Outfitters today and fondled a Kimber Solo Carry. I was favorably impressed. Frame made of aluminum instead of tupperware. Ambidextrous safety and mag release. Trigger seemed pretty nice. $649. Seemed a bit trimmer than my PF9, tho I didn't haul it out for a head to head comparison. I think I would gladly part with said PF9 and my NAA Guardian .380 for one of these. Anybody fired one? Encourage or disabuse my enthusiasm.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-10-2011, 12:59 AM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

freefall - I haven't shot one, but I did handle one. That thing is damn tiny. And lightweight. Man, it's way to small for my mitts. I would be interested to see how it performs given such a short barrel and not having the traditional 1911 trigger.

For a real pocket piece though, it would definitely fit the bill. You could hide that thing damn near anywhere... LOL

JD

Old 03-10-2011, 01:03 AM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I could get a solid 2 fingers on the grip. I'd sure like to put a couple of magazines through it.

Old 03-10-2011, 03:55 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 262 Times on 205 Posts
Likes Given: 36

I've got one reserved upon arrival at the local gun shop. Supposed to be sometime this month. And since I've also got a PF9, I'll probably produce some level of side by side range report. I'm sure the Kimber will fit just fine in the Desantis Nemesis I have for the PF9, so that'll be nice.

Any suggestions on which finish I should choose? They're expecting a couple of each finish and I'll probably have my pick...which I'm still struggling with.

Old 03-10-2011, 02:59 PM   #5

Liked 30 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper22 View Post
I've got one reserved upon arrival at the local gun shop. Supposed to be sometime this month. And since I've also got a PF9, I'll probably produce some level of side by side range report. I'm sure the Kimber will fit just fine in the Desantis Nemesis I have for the PF9, so that'll be nice.

Any suggestions on which finish I should choose? They're expecting a couple of each finish and I'll probably have my pick...which I'm still struggling with.
I think they both look great, but I would go with the stainless model. I REALLY want one....