Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Kimber Solo 9

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2012, 07:40 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Kimber Solo 9

I have been drooling over this gun for so long. However, I've heard some negative reviews. Anybody have one that would care to share their experiences?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-20-2012, 08:04 PM   #2

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunSavvyTeen View Post
I have been drooling over this gun for so long. However, I've heard some negative reviews. Anybody have one that would care to share their experiences?
I don't own one but I've shot one before. It's hard to go wrong with a Kimber in my opinion. But there will always be those to criticize any manufacturer. I know people that absolutely HATE Nighthawk 1911's, why that is, is beyond me. lol

Old 04-20-2012, 08:05 PM   #3

Liked 68 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 113

I have no real world experience, but I've done a lot of research since I wanted one. After doing my research I'm no longer interested.

Finish issues.
Wear issues with the slide against the barrel.
Failure to fire first round.
Magazine dropping out.

Those four issue would keep me from carrying it because I couldn't trust it. And I hear that Kimber isn't really doing much to fix the problems. I know there are people that aren't having any issues, but I don't want to take the chance especially with how prevalent I'm seeing people having problems. Especially for the price. I can look past it. But my biggest issue is the fact that Kimber isn't taking care of the problems.

Old 04-20-2012, 08:07 PM   #4

That's disappointing. But.exactly what I've been hearing. Shame on Kimber quality control.

Old 04-20-2012, 08:15 PM   #5

Liked 68 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 113

It's a bummer because they used to be very good but recently I've heard it's dropped off.

Old 04-20-2012, 08:40 PM   #6

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts

That is too bad, kimber quality always used to be great but i've been hearing a lot of things like that lately. Glad i got my 1911 back when they were still high quality

Old 04-20-2012, 08:56 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 220 Times on 177 Posts
Likes Given: 27

The Kimber Solo is a beautiful gun, a nice idea, and would seem to have tremendous potential. But that potential has yet to be realized. Do yourself a favor and spend half as much on a Ruger LC9, S&W Shield, or Kahr CM9.

If you want to spend $600+ on a finely finished subcomp 9mm, investigate the Springfield EMP, Kahr PM9, Rohrbaugh R9, or maybe most interesting (to me), the Sig P938.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:45 PM   #8

Thanks for the heads up guys. I wasn't really looking for a carry gun, but if I were I wouldn't go to the Solo. Probably get a PPK and keep it classic. But I will always have the solo in the back of my mind. Maybe I'll pick one up in a few years when Kimber has worked out the bugs.