Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Kimber or glock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 10:15 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

If you shoot and kill someone legally I doubt they would take your gun for good you will get it back. I mean that just doesn't seem right that they could take it for good.

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

Old 02-19-2013, 10:24 PM   #52

Liked 59 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 41

I had a friend who legally shot someone and they returned it to him 30 years later so if u shoot someone that gun is as good as gone. The cops dont really like returning guns wen they are used to shoot someone even if its justified whether they return the gun is completely at that police departments descretion

Old 02-20-2013, 03:46 AM   #53

Liked 61 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Kimber for show time.
Glock for go time.

Old 02-21-2013, 03:18 AM   #54

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiabe1 View Post
I had a friend who legally shot someone and they returned it to him 30 years later so if u shoot someone that gun is as good as gone. The cops dont really like returning guns wen they are used to shoot someone even if its justified whether they return the gun is completely at that police departments descretion
No it's not the police departments decision whether or not to return the gun. That decision is soley up to the prosecuting attorneys office.

Old 02-21-2013, 10:19 AM   #55

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

This probably varies state to state........

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

Old 02-21-2013, 11:19 AM   #56

Liked 61 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiabe1
Probably held it for 30 yrs because it was a Glock. If it had been a Kimber, they would have given it right back.

Old 02-22-2013, 03:57 AM   #57

Liked 80 Times on 67 Posts

I am a Glockaholic. I love Glocks. Don't get me wrong, I love Kimbers, and am still upset my old study hall teacher wouldn't sell me his Desert Warrior, but Glocks take the cake. For me anyways.

Old 02-24-2013, 05:53 PM   #58
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 606 Times on 365 Posts
Likes Given: 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrinD View Post
I think more like Jaguar vs Honda. 1911's aren't gtg out of the box and Glocks are. 1911's are a great gun for those born with them but I wouldn't recommend one to a new shooter. Plus, modern cartridges in JHP have closed the ballistic gap between 45 and 9.
That's a great analogy.

Jags are finicky, high-performance, intricate machines that few people really know how to work on whereas Hondas are economical, reliable, no-frills go-bugs that generally just work for their intended purpose.

Unless you have 3K-5K to fork over for a reliable Nighthawk Custom or Wilson Combat, you're better off purchasing a Glock 17 and taking a pistol course to teach you how to use the pistol. By the time you add Tritium night sights, a SureFire X300, perhaps a laser (alternative targeting method for less than ideal shooting positions), and extra magazines you still won't bring your cost up to the price of a Kimber Warrior with a rail for mounting a light.

I'm not sure why you'd limit yourself to Glocks and Kimbers, but if those are your options, then I'd take the Glock every day of the week.

Old 02-25-2013, 07:48 AM   #59

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Glock. But as always it's personal preference.

Old 02-25-2013, 09:30 AM   #60

Liked 14 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead396 View Post
Both great weapons for home defense I don't own a limber but do
Own a 1911 and also
A glock 30 if you like not having to clean your gun every range trip and tinker with it now and then get a glock those things just don't stop but the don't have any safety's which makes me not like to carry in concealed but the 1911 I'll keep cocked with the hammer down I can get a shot off faster that way that having to rack the slide like I'd do with my glock i would deff recommend the kimber also I'm my experience 1911's are much more accurate than Glocks
Not sure what you mean "no safeties". There are two in every Glock. One on the trigger and one at the end of your finger. If you practice your draw technique and proper finger discipline, you have nothing to worry about. I carry a G22 every day and my dad has carried a 17, 22 or 27 everyday for 20+ years - never with any issues. I have seen more misfires or accidental discharges on "hammer" guns than on any striker fired weapon and I have been around guns a long time.

So in my opinion start with the Glock. You will get addicted and will want to add to your collection you can always get the Kimber later. One of mine and my dad's good friends on the PD carries a Kimber for duty. Only downfall is he has to carry extra mags 2 to 1 against the Glocks, XDs and M&Ps. Just something to think about.
But if you run out of ammo, the Kimber is heavy enough you could just hit the guy with it.........JK!

"Just because I ain't sayin' it, don't mean I ain't thinking it"

Last edited by audiophile; 02-25-2013 at 09:34 AM.