Kimber can lick my taint!!!!! They SUCK!!! Again, 1911's are GHEY - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Kimber can lick my taint!!!!! They SUCK!!! Again, 1911's are GHEY

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2009, 02:15 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

AHHHHH!!!! All these recent posts bashing Kimber are making me VERY hesitant to buy a Kimber Ultra CDP... Now what to I buy that's available that costs the same that's just as good, that's American, that's the same weight and size?

Why Kimber? Why

Old 09-11-2009, 03:00 AM   #12

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I'll be sure and get the stainless.

Have any pictures of the rusted kimber?

Old 09-11-2009, 03:12 AM   #13

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Just dump the Kimber in any way possible, and go with a different 1911.

I suggest either Colt or Springfield Armory.

Old 09-11-2009, 07:15 AM   #14

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I'm still getting a kimber....in stainless. Have any pics of the rusted Kimbers?

There are WAY too many satisfied kimber customers out there.............and you like hi-points.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:50 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 84 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
I'm still getting a kimber....in stainless. Have any pics of the rusted Kimbers?

There are WAY too many satisfied kimber customers out there.............and you like hi-points.
No, I didn't take any pictures of the rust. I just immediately cleaned and oiled it. Then put slide and barrel in their own zip lock bag, covered them in oil, zipped shut and have been there since. My wife leaves for work in a few minutes, the phone calls will start then.

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 09-11-2009, 11:06 AM   #16

just remember 98% of the population is idiots, and SOMEONE has to answer the phone. GOOD LUCK I hate piss poor customer service

Old 09-11-2009, 12:56 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Don't forget some of the advantages you'll be abandoning if you leave the 1911 models behind: ammo-saving magazine size, external hammer to play with, Cali-friendly, time-proven quality.

Relax spit, this will pass. I wonder, how cool would a Ceracoated 1911 be, maybe really cool.

Old 09-11-2009, 01:17 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 84 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Alright, I called Kimber this morning and I got an inteligent person on the phone. Told him my problem, we discussed rust and the time involved for it to grow, flash rusting etc....i'm not a metalergist but have worked with enough metal(gears, motors, fab work ect) to know that flash rusting only occurs on completely naked, low nickel steel and he agreed.
He took the serial number and told me this gun left their shop in 2005 which makes it 4 years old. I explained I gotten it used but was concerned about the rusting as I wanted to carry it. He said due to it being used and as old as it is there is nothing he can do and I agreed. I didn't realize the weapon was 4 years old because it has been used very little and neither of us know how the weapon was cared for over the last 4 years. He said I could try a polish like flitz to remove the rust and prevent further rusting or I could ship the slide only to them and they would refinish it for $57.50.
I'm going to go shoot the weapon today and then I will decide what to do. Any of you guys have some suggestions for a possible refinish? Anything I could possibly do myself? I don't want to spend $300 to finish the slide.

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 09-11-2009, 01:54 PM   #19

Check out Robar (Click Here for the Link) for your refinishing. They aren't 60 bucks like Kimber quoted you, but they aren't $300 either. Also, for just a little bit more than the cost of just the slide they will do your internals and barrel. I'm more than pleased with the work they did for me and they were more than professional. When I get a carry piece, it will go to them for a full work over.

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - General George S. Patton

Old 09-11-2009, 02:51 PM   #20

Liked 1436 Times on 811 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

COLT Defender Series 90 Lightweight 45ACP - Auction: 9326180 (Ends 09/17/2009, 12:26:20 PST)

If it rusts, I'll buy it from you!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Closed Thread