KelTec PMR-30 - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > KelTec PMR-30

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2010, 04:23 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have had one on order for a customer going on three months now. Looking forward to putting my hands on one.

God, Family, Guns, in that order.

Old 12-26-2010, 04:36 PM   #12

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmanton View Post
My wife looked at the ad in Rifleman and said "Wow that looks like fun" so I'm seriously looking at this puppy.

In the pawn shop video I thought I spotted the slide locked back with a round still showing more than once. This was glossed over with the statement "That this is common with new guns" I'd be curious to know exactly what type of malfunction and how often.

I'd also like to know the average selling price of these guys.

If I do buy one I'll report back.

Paul
Salome. AZ
Cheaper Than Dirt list the expected MSRP to be $415

Old 12-26-2010, 06:19 PM   #13
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5994 Times on 3136 Posts
Likes Given: 428

Quote:
My wife looked at the ad in Rifleman and said "Wow that looks like fun" so I'm seriously looking at this puppy.

In the pawn shop video I thought I spotted the slide locked back with a round still showing more than once. This was glossed over with the statement "That this is common with new guns" I'd be curious to know exactly what type of malfunction and how often.

Paul
Salome. AZ
there were at least two failures in the video. and it shouldnt be common with cci ammo.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 12-26-2010, 06:27 PM   #14

I had one in my hands a couple of months ago. I waited six months to get it. It sold in about two days. The fit and finish were nice. The gun is VERY light. I assume it would have some bark to it. The grip is a little wide to fit in the long rounds which feels kind of weird in the hand. I did not fire one but all in all after handling one I want one for my self. I heard they had some magazine issues and thats why we have not been seeing more on the shelfs. They had to completely re-tool for new magazines. Hopefully we will be seeing more soon.

Old 12-26-2010, 07:41 PM   #15
N1431A
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 28 Times on 16 Posts

I haven't seen anyone post what these are selling for. Anyone---?

Thanks

Paul
Salome, AZ

Old 12-26-2010, 07:47 PM   #16

Quote:
I haven't seen anyone post what these are selling for. Anyone---?

Thanks

Paul
Salome, AZ
I sold mine for $415.00.

Old 01-07-2011, 04:36 AM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I looked at one today a the local pawn shop (new). I was kind of funny looking as the barrel/slide assembly were kind of undersized and long, while the grip was long as well. It felt like a big piece of plastic in my hand. I would bet it will be a great shooter, but it's sure not a concealed carry gun and the .22 Mag round is not cheap so when you practice with it you are really putting out some money. It was a quality piece though like all Kel-Tecs.

Dave

Old 01-07-2011, 04:47 AM   #18

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Quote:

Paul
Salome. AZ
Kel-Tec states explicitly in all of their manuals (that I've seen) that Kel-Tec Pistols will take roughly 250 rounds to become 'broke in.' This is typically a result of a rougher finished produced when compared to other firearms and their manufacturers. Its essentially a way for them to produce cheaper firearms. Most people suggest a Fluff & Buff on all new Kel-Tec pistols. There are several sites with step-by-step instructions on how to do this. The purpose of the Fluff & Buff is to reduce the amount of rounds required to break in your new toy!

As a side note, I own a Kel-Tec P11 that came new in box to me. I did a small fluff & buff and have never had a single issue with the fine piece.

Worst case scenario, Kel-Tec has a lifetime warranty (even if your not the original owner, keep that quiet). Used PF-9's and P-11's go for almost as much used as new due to an incredible demand for their product. Seeing as the PMR-30 is so much more difficult to find, I would assume the same will be true with it as well.

If you do get one, you MUST post a range report!!!

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 01-10-2011, 07:49 PM   #19

Default just got a kel tec pmr 30

hello everyone, I am new to the forum and was looking around when I saw this post. After a 4 month wait on list I got a pmr 30. I went through all kinds of different sites looking for opinions on the gun before I went in to look at it. Found mostly pos feedback from the few people who had them. I took a chance cause I really wanted this pistol so I bought it. so far I ve put about 400 cci 40 gr and 100 win 40 gr and haven t had but one jam and it was the last round in the mag. I ll be honest even with a full mag it feels like a lightweight toy. but I think it shoots like a dream and fast. I got mine for $399 and he even threw in 100 cci s. ( kind of expected to pay much more due to demand).personally i love it. I keep it in my truck now and plan to use it as a sidearm when hunting next year. Also I am kind of looking for some feedback on a good green dot laser for it since it has small rail on it .I shot mostly at 10 and 15 yds and my groups were pretty close. Anyway if you have any questions not answered that I missed I d be glad to help.

Old 03-29-2011, 04:41 PM   #20

Default KelTec PMR 30

Purchased one about a month ago and have really enjoyed this firearm. However, a few things you should be aware of. First, I initially had both feeding issues as well as issues loading the 30 round mags. By process of elimination I have found the CCI Maxi Mag is your best bet to diminish or eliminate feeding problems. When using other ammunition I had several feeding problems (one or more per mag fired). Using the CCI Maxi Mag has virtually eliminated this problem. Secondly, be sure to take your time and follow the mag loading instructions issued by Kel Tec (good YouTube vid on this as well). Tapping the mag after every few rounds you insert is helpful. The mag design is tricky and if you are not careful the rounds do not sit correctly inside the mag. Lastly, I suggest you not load the full 30 round capacity .. at least initially until the mags are broken-in. This was an initial issue but after a few times at the range the mags seem to loosen up a bit and i no longer have this problem. Overall I really like this gun. It is very accurate, extremely light (20 ozs fully loaded), and fun to shoot. Hope this helps.

P.S. Given the difficulty in locating the firearm I did pay over list price
($525) in order to get one. Apparently Kel Tec underestimated the demand but stated that they should be more available in the near future.

Hope this helps.