Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > KelTec PF9 anomaly

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2011, 08:07 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default KelTec PF9 anomaly

I own a KelTec PF9. While doing some dry-fire practice today I've noticed something strange. Whenever the trigger breaks the muzzle end pulls to whichever hand is the strong hand. It happens every time. It makes no difference if I use one hand or two, left or right. I do not have the problem with my Glock.

Anyone own a PF9 and notice the same thing? Or is this possibly just something I'm doing wrong?

As a side note, I have noticed that I'm much less accurate with the PF9 than the Glock. I had originally written this off as a result of the snappier recoil, but now I'm not so sure.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-15-2011, 10:04 AM   #2
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2759 Times on 1598 Posts
Likes Given: 1205

Check the finger position on the trigger. The smaller frame tends to not let the finger come straight back as easily as the larger framed handguns.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 05-16-2011, 02:41 AM   #3
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
Check the finger position on the trigger. The smaller frame tends to not let the finger come straight back as easily as the larger framed handguns.

What he said ^^^^^
Same goes for your grip as you pull back on the trigger. I had the same type of issue with a far different pistol (S&W 642). Dry fire practice helps.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.