Kel-Tec Thumbs Down - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Kel-Tec Thumbs Down

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2009, 12:11 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

I bought the wifey a P-32 last birthday. Yes, the trigger pull is long. So what. Does every arm you own have exactly the same trigger pull? That would be like every car you've ever owned having the same acceleration. Learn the arm and the trigger. If you can't adapt, sell it and find one you like. Just my opinion.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 10-23-2009, 12:36 AM   #12

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

If you want a DAO pistol but want it to be light & smooth, do yourself a huge favor and check out the Para Ordnance LDA line of pistols. The trigger pull on them is so light & smooth the very 1st time I felt/handled 1 I thought the damn thing was broke.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 10-23-2009, 07:27 PM   #13

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
If you can't adapt, sell it and find one you like. Just my opinion.
Done and done. Sold that piece of plastic and replaced with a Ruger SP101, which also has a long hard trigger pull, but is just better, for me anyways. I'm mostly a wheel gun guy anyways, I should have known better. At the time I bought it I had a few hundred extra beans that were "burning a hole in my pocket" as my wife says.

However, the guy I sold it to for his wife was pleased.

When I started this thread. I wasn't so much dissatisfied with the firearm itself, but with how the Kel-Tec representative responded to my inquiry. They were up front and honest, but not helpful in any way.

Quote:
If you want a DAO pistol but want it to be light & smooth, do yourself a huge favor and check out the Para Ordnance LDA line of pistols.
I've been a fan of Para Ordnance in the past, but the last time my pops came up we went to the range his seemed to have a malfunction/feeding issue about every other mag. The ammo checked out, we tried loading mags one short, nothing cured it. They got sold.

Old 10-27-2009, 03:31 PM   #14

Did you try shooting it righty? We lefty's are very adaptable at learning in a right handed world. I shoot my mauser 98K righty no problems.

Old 10-27-2009, 11:27 PM   #15

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Yes. It was more comfortable, just because my left index isn't what it once was. I've always practiced weak hand shooting using handguns, but it just feels too awkward righty with rifles.

Old 11-05-2009, 03:39 AM   #16

Ive found that using the TIP of my finger on the P11 instead of squeezing it makes it much more comfortable to shoot. But it isnt a range gun. I take it out maybe once a month a blast thru a mag or two, just to stay in practice in case I REALLY need it someday. Im sure there are better personal carry weapons out there, but the P11 fits my needs just fine.

Old 11-08-2009, 02:27 AM   #17

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I have a P-11 and a PF-9 and have trigger shoes on both of them. I find them about as comfortable as it can get with a heavy-trigger. Although the trigger is heavy and long it is still pretty smooth. I also have the Keltec P3AT...watch the trigger return on these otherwise, without a full reset, the trigger tends to remain unset.

Old 11-11-2009, 04:11 AM   #18

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Good point. I can adjust to different trigger pulls, but the Kel-Tec's are just "springy" and nothing more. It's hard to adapt to something that is unnatural. If you cannot dry fire the weapon w/o damage, in a center fire gun, there is a problem. . . said by me and many others.

They state that "No pistol should ever be dry fired". I like 'em cause they're made here, that's it. . .

Old 01-23-2011, 05:51 PM   #19

Liked 5 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default KelTec Pistols

I own two KelTec P3ATs and have fired other KelTec models. Based on this experience I can tell you a couple of things about them. Number one, they are very affordable. They aren't sexy. Three they are horrible to shoot; they actually hurt my hand and I would rather shoot my 44 magnums than shoot a KelTec .380. My P3ATs are seven yard accurate. They are reliable; I have never had a failure to feed, failure to fire, or a failure to eject and they are extemely easy to conceal.

Thankfully, I have never experienced a situation where I have had to draw my concealed weapon, but if that situation arises, it will probably be a P3AT that I draw. My wife and I carry ours everywhere that concealed carry is allowed. Are they my "first choice" weapons? For concealed carry - yes.

Old 01-24-2011, 10:49 PM   #20

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have a P11 and love it. Find another 12 round 9mm in that size. Yes, it hurts to shoot a box of ammo through it. But having 12 rounds instead of 6 is worth it. It is accurate enough to make me comfortable about carrying it. It is a carry only weapon, not a range or plinking gun.

I also have a P32 which I do not like as much, but for the size it packs a punch.

Compared to my Kahr P9 which is more accurate and has less recoil, but a similar size. I will pick the P11 every time.

Yes, I did say 12 rounds. It is the optional magazine available at the Kel-tec web site.