Kel Tec PF9 let down...
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Kel Tec PF9 let down...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2012, 01:00 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 34 Times on 25 Posts

Default Kel Tec PF9 let down...

My buddy and i went to the range today. He just bought a brand new kel tec pf9. I was shockee to see a failure to fire almost every other trigger pull. No matter what ammo was used it did not matter. I also noted the accuracy was horrible from the target i shot. I recomend not buying this firearm unless you want it at the gun smiths like my buddies is right now

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-05-2012, 01:22 AM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2919 Times on 1718 Posts

Bummer. Look forward to hearing the outcome.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 09-05-2012, 02:02 AM   #3

Liked 34 Times on 25 Posts

I hope soon. I made sure to tell the lgs that i pulled the mag and lockrd the slide back and hand loaded on round into the breach and the round didnt seat all the way. Thats no good. I feel like the gun has major flaws and plan on getting a sw shield 9mm

Old 09-05-2012, 03:35 AM   #4

Had mine for about 2 weeks. I didn't have any FTF/FTE. Is it possible that your friend was limp wristing or just not used to the recoil if it yet. Gotta remember its a lightweight gun with a short barrel. Looking forward to hearing the outcome of your friends and to more range time with mine

Old 09-05-2012, 05:52 AM   #5

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I had a PF9 and it's been a good gun but I know there's lemons out there. Kel-Tec ramped up their production to meet the demand that the QC suffered.

Old 09-06-2012, 01:42 AM   #6

Liked 281 Times on 222 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Guess you guys did the KTOG forum read on the pistol right. Do a good cleaning and fluff and buff and lube job then hold it like vise. Most problems are shooter related then ammo related and use a quality fmj standard pressure ammo. Don't start off with HP ammo use a good 124gr load from rem or mag tech or federal no russian stuff no 115gr till it loosens up. If still no luck get a shooter use to small lite pistols. REALLY. It will shoot more than accurately enought with rounds down range to train the shooters finger and mind. Remeber that little thing only ways 13oz. If you need to then tell them to make it run . I have bought perfectly fine pistols that were from shooters that just could not make them shoot.

Old 09-06-2012, 03:24 AM   #7
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
Guess you guys did the KTOG forum read on the pistol right. Do a good cleaning and fluff and buff and lube job then hold it like vise. Most problems are shooter related then ammo related and use a quality fmj standard pressure ammo. Don't start off with HP ammo use a good 124gr load from rem or mag tech or federal no russian stuff no 115gr till it loosens up. If still no luck get a shooter use to small lite pistols. REALLY. It will shoot more than accurately enought with rounds down range to train the shooters finger and mind. Remeber that little thing only ways 13oz. If you need to then tell them to make it run . I have bought perfectly fine pistols that were from shooters that just could not make them shoot.
^^This^^
As i stated before on another thread....its 99% most likely operator error.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!