Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Kel Tec PF9 let down... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/kel-tec-pf9-let-down-71822/)

JMAtactical 09-05-2012 12:00 AM

Kel Tec PF9 let down...

My buddy and i went to the range today. He just bought a brand new kel tec pf9. I was shockee to see a failure to fire almost every other trigger pull. No matter what ammo was used it did not matter. I also noted the accuracy was horrible from the target i shot. I recomend not buying this firearm unless you want it at the gun smiths like my buddies is right now

mountainman13 09-05-2012 12:22 AM

Bummer. Look forward to hearing the outcome.

JMAtactical 09-05-2012 01:02 AM

I hope soon. I made sure to tell the lgs that i pulled the mag and lockrd the slide back and hand loaded on round into the breach and the round didnt seat all the way. Thats no good. I feel like the gun has major flaws and plan on getting a sw shield 9mm

bigbud9mm 09-05-2012 02:35 AM

Had mine for about 2 weeks. I didn't have any FTF/FTE. Is it possible that your friend was limp wristing or just not used to the recoil if it yet. Gotta remember its a lightweight gun with a short barrel. Looking forward to hearing the outcome of your friends and to more range time with mine

JigSawer40 09-05-2012 04:52 AM

I had a PF9 and it's been a good gun but I know there's lemons out there. Kel-Tec ramped up their production to meet the demand that the QC suffered.

hardluk1 09-06-2012 12:42 AM

Guess you guys did the KTOG forum read on the pistol right. Do a good cleaning and fluff and buff and lube job then hold it like vise. Most problems are shooter related then ammo related and use a quality fmj standard pressure ammo. Don't start off with HP ammo use a good 124gr load from rem or mag tech or federal no russian stuff no 115gr till it loosens up. If still no luck get a shooter use to small lite pistols. REALLY. It will shoot more than accurately enought with rounds down range to train the shooters finger and mind. Remeber that little thing only ways 13oz. If you need to then tell them to make it run . I have bought perfectly fine pistols that were from shooters that just could not make them shoot.

fmj 09-06-2012 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hardluk1 (Post 929813)
Guess you guys did the KTOG forum read on the pistol right. Do a good cleaning and fluff and buff and lube job then hold it like vise. Most problems are shooter related then ammo related and use a quality fmj standard pressure ammo. Don't start off with HP ammo use a good 124gr load from rem or mag tech or federal no russian stuff no 115gr till it loosens up. If still no luck get a shooter use to small lite pistols. REALLY. It will shoot more than accurately enought with rounds down range to train the shooters finger and mind. Remeber that little thing only ways 13oz. If you need to then tell them to make it run . I have bought perfectly fine pistols that were from shooters that just could not make them shoot.

^^This^^
As i stated before on another thread....its 99% most likely operator error.