Kel Tec pf9?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Kel Tec pf9?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2012, 01:44 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 34 Times on 25 Posts

Default Kel Tec pf9?

Whats your take on the weapon over all

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-03-2012, 02:06 PM   #2

Liked 22 Times on 10 Posts

Check out the open thread on the concealed carry section. It's been going for a few days.

I had one and it served it's purpose. I liked it enough, but bought a different gun that filled the same purpose; so I sold it. If I still had it, I'd probably use it as a bug.

Last edited by RecklessRegard; 09-03-2012 at 02:11 PM.

Old 09-03-2012, 02:22 PM   #3

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Don't know much about it other than it does have it's fans. Personally, for $70 more I'd get an LC9. And, I may buy a S&W Shield when I'm confident any bugs are worked out. With a pocket pistol, I'd want a thumb safety and the LC9 and Shield provide that. Plus, I prefer to stick with the bigger US manufacturers...but that's just me.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 09-03-2012, 05:11 PM   #4

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I had one and it was a good gun but I did get an occasional FTEs and that's not good for me to use for SD. Also there's a lot of reports of failures and that's not good either. I sold it and got me a Sigma 9mm. No problems at all with it.

Old 09-03-2012, 07:44 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 261 Times on 205 Posts
Likes Given: 36

I have one and it works like a charm. Zero failures ever, apart from failing to be enjoyable at the range. It weighs next to nothing, performs well enough, and feels like a firecracker going off in your hands. But it's a solid performer for the price.

But if you can afford to spend a bit more, do. The Ruger LC9 is a better weapon, and the S&W Shield better still, in my opinion. Both are quite affordable.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:02 AM   #6

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

If you get a good one they are great. If you get a bad one and are patient and send it in to be fixed they are great. If nit they may not be for you.

Excellent price. Excellent size/weight.

Old 09-04-2012, 11:46 AM   #7

Liked 134 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 43

I have a P-11 and a P-3AT both were a real pain in the butt. They shoot great now. The P-11 I bought used and fixed it my self. It was a lot of work, The P-3AT I bought new in April. I just got it back from warranty service less than 2 weeks ago. The P-3AT does work very well now.

I will not buy another kel tec under any circumstance. In fact, you can't give me one. I can buy a Hi Point for a lot less if I want a gun I need to work on NIB.

Old 09-04-2012, 05:01 PM   #8
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

My pF-9 has always worked...you just need to have a solid grip on it so it will cycle. Its a jumpy lil rig.

I owuldnt hesitate to buy another 100% made in america KelTec product...unlike TAURUS garbage!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 09-04-2012, 05:11 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

I have one and carry it on occasion. It took about 200 rounds to break in the action. About 1500 later, no problems. Thats common with the pf-9 apparently.

Do not dry fire it without a snap cap. Half of your firing pin will end up flying across the room . That said, great customer service and they did replace the pin for free. took about 2 weeks to get it.

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 09-04-2012, 05:51 PM   #10

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow View Post
I I can buy a Hi Point for a lot less if I want a gun I need to work on NIB.
....or a Kimber

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.