Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (
-   -   Kel Tec pf9? (

JMAtactical 09-03-2012 01:44 PM

Kel Tec pf9?
Whats your take on the weapon over all

RecklessRegard 09-03-2012 02:06 PM

Check out the open thread on the concealed carry section. It's been going for a few days.

I had one and it served it's purpose. I liked it enough, but bought a different gun that filled the same purpose; so I sold it. If I still had it, I'd probably use it as a bug.

Sonic82 09-03-2012 02:22 PM

Don't know much about it other than it does have it's fans. Personally, for $70 more I'd get an LC9. And, I may buy a S&W Shield when I'm confident any bugs are worked out. With a pocket pistol, I'd want a thumb safety and the LC9 and Shield provide that. Plus, I prefer to stick with the bigger US manufacturers...but that's just me.

JigSawer40 09-03-2012 05:11 PM

I had one and it was a good gun but I did get an occasional FTEs and that's not good for me to use for SD. Also there's a lot of reports of failures and that's not good either. I sold it and got me a Sigma 9mm. No problems at all with it.

sweeper22 09-03-2012 07:44 PM

I have one and it works like a charm. Zero failures ever, apart from failing to be enjoyable at the range. It weighs next to nothing, performs well enough, and feels like a firecracker going off in your hands. But it's a solid performer for the price.

But if you can afford to spend a bit more, do. The Ruger LC9 is a better weapon, and the S&W Shield better still, in my opinion. Both are quite affordable.

Oblivion9 09-04-2012 03:02 AM

If you get a good one they are great. If you get a bad one and are patient and send it in to be fixed they are great. If nit they may not be for you.

Excellent price. Excellent size/weight.

Old_Crow 09-04-2012 11:46 AM

I have a P-11 and a P-3AT both were a real pain in the butt. They shoot great now. The P-11 I bought used and fixed it my self. It was a lot of work, The P-3AT I bought new in April. I just got it back from warranty service less than 2 weeks ago. The P-3AT does work very well now.

I will not buy another kel tec under any circumstance. In fact, you can't give me one. I can buy a Hi Point for a lot less if I want a gun I need to work on NIB.

fmj 09-04-2012 05:01 PM

My pF-9 has always just need to have a solid grip on it so it will cycle. Its a jumpy lil rig.

I owuldnt hesitate to buy another 100% made in america KelTec product...unlike TAURUS garbage!

Cattledog 09-04-2012 05:11 PM

I have one and carry it on occasion. It took about 200 rounds to break in the action. About 1500 later, no problems. Thats common with the pf-9 apparently.

Do not dry fire it without a snap cap. Half of your firing pin will end up flying across the room . That said, great customer service and they did replace the pin for free. took about 2 weeks to get it.

Sonic82 09-04-2012 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Old_Crow (Post 927557)
I I can buy a Hi Point for a lot less if I want a gun I need to work on NIB.

....or a Kimber :eek: