Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > kel tec pf9

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2010, 07:24 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1101 Times on 676 Posts
Likes Given: 2387

Quote:
Originally Posted by colmustard View Post
I like all this food for thought you all! Thank you and keep it coming, since I know little about the gun and the brand, I am like a sponge so keep that info coming
Glad we can help!

I will say once again that if your seriously interested in purchasing a KT of any kind, you really should spend some time around KTOG.org, they really are the authority at this point and time (sorry mods, it is what it is).

If you start feeling concerned about the relative stopping power of the 9mm, you could always get this:

Now if only I could find a IWB holster for it

Is there any other information your seeking regarding either the PF-9 or the P11? If so I would be glad to help if possible.

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 11-13-2010, 07:31 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireguy View Post
Yes, I got the Hogue slip-on and ruined it trying to get it on. I put it in HOT water for a while, tried to slip it on, and tore the da** thing. So I don't have the benefit that I've read a lot about on mine. I won't spend the money for another one just so I can tear it up, too.
I'm not an authority when it comes to installing the grip on the P11 by any means, but might you have not let it cool off enough?

They are cheap enough (about $5 a piece from around here) you could get several of them and if worst came to worst just keep trying.

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 11-14-2010, 08:15 PM   #13

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I own a few different handguns but my PF9 is my most carried.

Old 11-14-2010, 11:07 PM   #14

Liked 52 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigByrd47119 View Post
I'm not an authority when it comes to installing the grip on the P11 by any means, but might you have not let it cool off enough?

They are cheap enough (about $5 a piece from around here) you could get several of them and if worst came to worst just keep trying.
I don't think it was too hot, I just had a friend of mine who is a beast help me. I held the gun and he pulled the grip on. I've seen him bend the steel insert of a fiberglass sledgehammer from swinging it, after he was done the handle was curved.

Old 11-15-2010, 02:12 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireguy View Post
I don't think it was too hot, I just had a friend of mine who is a beast help me. I held the gun and he pulled the grip on. I've seen him bend the steel insert of a fiberglass sledgehammer from swinging it, after he was done the handle was curved.
Interesting.

Many people on KTOG.org also point out that it took them several tries with one or two torn Handall jr's. You could also try using the soak water trick. Most seem to have more success with that.

---Ron Paul

---Tom Braun