Kel Tec PF 9
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns >

Kel Tec PF 9

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2010, 05:35 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Kel Tec PF 9

So I'm going to get my concealed carry permit in a few months and was wondering what you guys thought about the PF 9.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-17-2010, 05:41 PM   #2

Liked 26 Times on 7 Posts

Depends on how you want to carry. These are OK little guns but they are not great fun to put lots of rounds through. Kind of big to be a true pocket gun...

Old 03-27-2010, 04:39 AM   #3

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Bought the lovely Mrs Freefall a PF9 about a year ago. She hates it, hits the mag release about every 3 shots. I on the other hand love it, never a stutter in about 150 rds, shoots about a 3" pattern at 25 yds as fast as you can rattle them off. If only it was a .45!!! Just too big to fit in my ass pocket, disappears in my vest pocket. It's what I carry most often.

Old 03-27-2010, 05:40 AM   #4

Liked 5012 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Kel Tec builds good little guns that are reliable, reasonably accurate, and affordable.

I had a P11 when they first came out and owned it for many years. Only complaint was the trigger but for 300, well, you get what you pay for.

Good guns for the money.

Old 03-30-2010, 12:24 AM   #5

I ended up purchasing the PF9 with the chrome slide and od green grips. I have already put 50 rounds through it and gave it it's first cleaning afterwards. I love it. As for the carry option, I am thinking the in the waistband holster from Uncle Mike's any opinons on this.

Old 03-30-2010, 05:15 AM   #6

Liked 5012 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

I carry a Kahr PM 9 in a belly band rig and it's the most comfortable, affordable, and concealable carry method I've found. After 12 years, dozens of holster and mag pouch combination and litteraly "thousands" of dollar.

I could have had several more guns if these things had been available a decade ago. I'd suggest trying one before you spend a bunch on holsters.

Old 04-02-2010, 05:26 PM   #7

A good friend picked one up not too long ago. Great carry gun and decent shooter for it's size. He added the mag. finger extension and it made it nicer to shoot. Not really a range gun, but should be reliable.

Newest Threads