Kel-Tec P11 - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Kel-Tec P11

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2009, 12:03 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

The Kel-Tec P3AT is a fine little pocket gun. This is the only Kel-Tec I have owned. I dont really like the long trigger pull, but its not meant to be a target gun anyway. Very light and compact for pocket carry.

Old 03-20-2009, 12:19 PM   #12

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

If you can afford it, you should go with something in the Kahr lineup. The Kel-Tecs aren't all that bad, but after handling a Kel Tec P-11 and a Kahr side by side, the Kahr wins in my book. The only thing the Kel Tec beat the Kahr on was the magazine capacity. 7 (Kahr) versus 10 (P-11).

The trigger isn't that great on a Kel Tec, but you also have to take into consideration what the pistol is meant for. A small weapon like that is a 7 yard gun. If you take it out to the range, you'll get used to the trigger over time, and you'll be able to hit those targets where you want to at the 7 to 10 yard range (even with the typical long Kel Tec trigger).

Good luck in your searches.

Old 05-31-2009, 06:12 PM   #13

Just bought a P-11 used from a buddy of mine. He had put 50 rounds through it, then got a Glock, so he gave me a pretty good deal--150 for the gun, holster, and 50 rounds of federal hollowpoints. Took it to the range yesterday...

From 7 yards out, 10/10 center body, about 8/10 headshots

About the same from 10 yards out...

From 15 yards out, 7/10 center body, 5/10 headshots.

Seems like a good personal protection gun, but I want to get something a bit more comfortable to shoot (like that Glock!) for frequent use on the range. The long trigger pull took some getting used to, and after all that shooting (put 100 rounds through) , my thumb was kinda sore. Those are my only two gripes though. Overall Im very happy with the gun.

Old 05-31-2009, 07:25 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDB View Post
Does anyone have expereince with a Kel-Tec P11? A guy I know from the range purchased one for casual carry and doesn't like it so he wants to sell or trade it. It's pretty much new as he's only had it for a month and been at the range twice with it. He hit me up and asked if I wanted to trade for my S&W M&P 9mm compact. I told him that the S&W was worth double the Kel-Tec. He's offering to sell it for $275 with two 12 round mags. I haven't shot it but have held it and it seems it would be a fair pocket gun. So what's your opinion of Kel-Tec as a whole and if you have owned or shot a P11 what do you think of it?

Thanks in advance.
I had a P11 and had positive results as far as consistancy. I fired over 700 rds. and zero jams. The pull is hard, but that is what the safety is based on. I now have a glock 19 and just like it's overall dependability and ease of release. It's good for ccw but the distance is limited. Not bad but found more comfort in the Glock!