Kel Tec P 11 pistol trigger...

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Kel Tec P 11 pistol trigger...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2012, 04:18 AM   #1
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Default Kel Tec P 11 pistol trigger...

Moma mean girl just bought herself two, that's right two pistols. One is a 1911 A1 45 ACP. Off breed one but looks really well made, from Hungry, has a trigger like a dream etc. More to follow on that pistol at a later date.

She also bought a "purse gun" in 9mm, a Kel- Tek P 11. This lil' pocket rocket feels great in the hand, is utterly concealable, and I happen to like it even if it is a 9mm. However... Contrary to the published information that came with the pistol, and subsequent searches online. The trigger just plain sucks. Let me make that clearer SUCKS!

Any ideas on smoothing it out, and / or lowering the trigger pull would be greatly appreciated. If this issue has been previously addressed I apologize, and please post a link to the discussion.

Sua Sponte!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-20-2012, 04:44 AM   #2

What is it about the trigger you don't like? Is it stagey? Gritty? Unpredictable break? If it's the weight and length that you don't like, there's not much to be done for that. It's DAO pistol, it's the nature of the beast.

It's one of the reasons I prefer striker-fired pistols. Still no manual safeties, but the triggers are still decent.

-Fred

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 01-20-2012, 05:16 AM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

It is heavy as all hell, way long, and the break feels sloppy. There has to be a polishing trick, or spring change... something...

Thanks for the fast reply.

Sua Sponte!

Old 01-20-2012, 02:43 PM   #4

Liked 279 Times on 220 Posts
Likes Given: 31

Go over to KTOG forum and see what tricks those have might have come up with.

Old 01-21-2012, 09:25 PM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

KTOG Forum, is that here?

Thanks!

Sua Sponte!

Old 01-22-2012, 02:46 AM   #6

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

He means KTOG.org. I don't think anything can be done. It's just a long slow trigger pull. I have two and one of them actually shoots a bit better, probably because it has more rounds through it. One thing I found is that a trigger shoe helps a bit.

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Last edited by Car54; 01-23-2012 at 07:20 PM. Reason: correction to .org not .com

Old 01-23-2012, 05:00 PM   #7

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Okay, I will try a few things along the lines of polishing and lubing. Thanks for the reply!

Sua Sponte!

Old 01-23-2012, 06:54 PM   #8
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2292 Times on 1242 Posts
Likes Given: 669

The P11 used to have a 10 lb spring but they had so many complaints they changed it to 8 lbs. It still sucks but they are reliable. The heavy trigger pull is essentially the only safety.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I was taught to respect my elders but they are getting harder to find.