You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns >

Kahr T9 Pistols

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2016, 08:57 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 51 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 50

Default Kahr T9 Pistols

This is one of my favorite cc pistols. It just arrived from Robar and boy did she turn out sweet! "Blackened Stainless" finish looks great!

People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-19-2016, 11:45 AM   #2

Liked 419 Times on 329 Posts
Likes Given: 57

I like kahr pistols and the T9 is a sweet shooter . Just never got around to understanding a refinished firearm . I rather see the honest wear as it came from the maker . It will also void your warranty with some makers . Kahr ??!!

Old 11-19-2016, 06:15 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

The "Blackened" finish is to eliminate reflective qualities since it is a cc weapon. As far as Kahr CS I can tell you from over 40 years of dealing with numerous manufacturers they have some of the best customer service in the business!! BTW, are you aware that the newer model Kahr K9 matte black versions began their lives as stainless pistols?? Kahr has to "Blacken" them to achieve this look! I own one (see below). I also own a 1995 K9 and a 1997 K9 that are all "carbon steel" (not stainless). They too have the "Blackened" finish applied from the Kahr factory.
File Type: jpg P1-1RR-K9.jpg (62.2 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg K9Diamondback-SS-NS--P1.jpg (73.7 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg Kahr K9--1995 Model.jpg (89.7 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by NDMarksman; 11-19-2016 at 07:44 PM.
Viking Likes This 
Old 11-20-2016, 11:39 AM   #4

With the same 40 plus years of firearm purchase's I am aware and the reason I mentioned what I did . I don't see kahr CS better or worse than most gun companies .

Odd that with 29 years behind me as a concealed carry person and most of that time with stainless steel handguns and a couple Blued handguns . I avoided kahrs early carbon steel handguns do to the flat black finish and still don't own any thing but SS or blued . If kahr had the ability to do them in a quality blued finish I would have bought one years ago . I find my SS handguns had no "reflective " value when Concealed even under a T-shirt much less under a colored or multi color print of a button down even while building homes back in florida no one ever knew I CC'd on a 10 man crew . But then concealed is just that .

I know kahr has or had good customer service after owning kahrs for 11 or 12 years . I also remember when even a used kahr handgun would have been covered by them for repair too !

Kahrs in house black finish are done under there control like others do before there sold to the public . Its the aftermarket work than can cause some concerns for makers , when they run the serial number they may note the change . Remember I said " It will also void your warranty with Some Makers . Kahr , Who knows , Just bring'n it to your attention ??!! . You probably won't have any need for CS , after all it is a kahr and may never need a trip home !! ha. NO more than most brands .

I'm not a matt black guy or other "new " color guy for that matter . I like blue'd firearms but thats becoming a lost art for todays gun makers and stainless is fine . AS I said . All my DW are blued and old .

I carry Concealed , you can not see any color or finish of a handgun on me even under a carhart T shirt . Not much to show when most of you handgun is in a holster and grips are the major above the waist line parts to be seen and that's ether polymer , wood or G10 today Not shinny SS .

Other wise you have a T9 , it should serve you well .
gripper Likes This 
Old 11-20-2016, 05:51 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Kahr still repairs "used" weapos. I know from experience. BTW, I understand what "concealed" is but a weapon is no longer concealed when you have to defend your life with it. That was my point. It's now out for the world to see. I also clearly understood what you said about "some manufacturers" and their warranties. Finish on a weapon boils down to preference and there are many weapons manufacturers that have a variety of finishes done to their new weapons before selling them and the same manufacturers warranty their weapons after a buyer has decided to have their weapon finished. In all the cases I'm aware of the manufacturer will only warranty weapons with finishes applied by certain companies. Anyway, the info I passed on was simply meant to be fyi............
Viking Likes This 
Old 11-21-2016, 01:08 PM   #6

Your starting to reach for reach for replies . Kahr will fix a handgun , but now a owner of a registered /and used handgun will most likely have to pay for it and now owners of older kahrs may not have an option for replacement parts thanks to updating of some parts . That's turn up with barrels a couple years back on kahr talk .

You said - The "Blackened" finish is to eliminate reflective qualities since it is a cc weapon . Well once drawn its not a CC anymore and theres no down side or plus side to any finish . A BG is looking at a muzzle if they see anything other than your arm movement and bystanders will notice if a handgun is black , chrome , stainless or some shade of sand or bronze and will probably have it on video !! Your right finish color is a preference I just don't have any one preferred finish .

You have a great shooter , so enjoy it now .

Old 11-21-2016, 05:34 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Beg to differ. I definitely am NOT reaching for replies. I simply thought in my first response to you that I'd offer some of my own personal experiences fyi. And NO, I did NOT have to pay for the repairs Kahr performed on a used K9 I'd purchased through an estate auction earlier this year. Your scenario of "reflective" qualities not mattering only mentions one BG. Too bad, many home invasions as well as other crimes are attempted by multiple BG's. I've been shooting handguns competitively 49+ years and had a cc permit for over 32 years of my 59. Been reloading 40+ years and building long range rifles since I was a teenager. I simply enjoy sharing some of what I've learned with the folks that ask now and then. I also enjoy learning as much as I can from folks like me that have similar histories with firearms. My shooting partner and I train almost weekly because we simply love it. Unfortunately, you haven't brought anything my way but an attitude and I do not waste my time with that! Good shooting hardluk1

Last edited by NDMarksman; 11-22-2016 at 11:01 AM.
People Like This 
Old 11-22-2016, 01:04 PM   #8

OK no more attitude !! Good for you an your experience . Its about like mine less the early competitive shooting days days . We did have the occasional ipsc match at a local range in SW FL and I shot most of 1 season in 1978 to '80 do to a deputy friend pestering to come try it . But by then any free time was out in the woodshunting and hogs were becoming a problem so checking traps and a bit of hunting ate up any free time . I learned to drive at 13 in an ole jeep dad had and lived on the edge of nothing back then so free time was spent learning to hunt and reloading 357 mags back then too .

Now your starting to shoot competitively at 10 years of age , way to go!!

If multiple BG guys break in to your home there not caring what color your handgun is . Your going to be far more interesting tin you than a firearm . Well maybe a sbr or other shorty carbine with a green laser and light might put them in a run mode quickly .

Happy days for all !!

Old 11-22-2016, 08:34 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Well we did learn to drive at the same age by gollee ha ha. Mine was a 66' Dodge stepside though (don't tell anybody cause I'd have gone with a Jeep too if I'd had my way). I guess I'm just weird but I practice enough with my 9mm that even with multiple threats I'd have to trust it. I am a little jealous of your hog hunting though. It's something I've always wanted to do. Just looks like a heck of a good time from the videos I've seen! The only hogs we have in western ND are the two wheeled kind.....shux We do have a ton of prairie dogs though but none I've seen with any tusks.....ha ha
Good shootin'

Last edited by NDMarksman; 11-22-2016 at 08:38 PM.
Viking Likes This 
Old 11-22-2016, 10:20 PM   #10

Liked 466 Times on 248 Posts
Likes Given: 2164

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDMarksman View Post
This is one of my favorite cc pistols. It just arrived from Robar and boy did she turn out sweet! "Blackened Stainless" finish looks great!
I'd like to get a K40 "Blackened Stainless", but most all of the Kahr pistols that show up in gun shops have polymer frames and I'd much rather have a steel frame as I already have an XDm 40 S&W and I really don't care much for it. Presently I CC a Stoeger Cougar 40, it's great but it's not nearly as compact as the Kahr, the main plus of the Cougar is 11+1 capacity over the Kahr's 6+1capacity, it is good that the Kahr comes with three magazines.