Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Kahr, Ruger,S&W, or Springfield for carry?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2013, 04:36 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Kahr, Ruger,S&W, or Springfield for carry?

I'm looking for a .380 for a carry gun but have no experience with any. I like the Colt and Walther but they may be out of my price range. I saw the old thread on problems with the Kahr but they may have gotten the issues worked out by now. I realize the Springfield is a 9 but it is small enough to carry. Does anyone have recent experience with the Kahr, Ruger, S&W, or Springfield? Any problems? Thanks.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-12-2013, 04:51 PM   #2

Liked 1116 Times on 725 Posts
Likes Given: 1990

BG,
With as small as some of the 9mms are now a day , Thats what I would be looking at . Diamondback as the DB9 which is just a hair bigger than the Ruger .380 and Kahr .380 , it conceals very easily , Its striker fired so no long trigger pull , and mine is pretty damn accurate, I also own a LC9 , I like its ergonomics better , but the trigger pull is very long and Im just not as accurate with it

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Old 04-12-2013, 04:56 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 454 Times on 307 Posts

My wife just bought a Smith and Wesson M&P 9c which is a9 millimeter compact she loves it
. I have to admit it is the only 9 mm in the family. I have also shot it it is a very sweet gun. would not think of going any smaller in caliber wise though just my opinion obviously

Old 04-14-2013, 04:13 PM   #4

Liked 209 Times on 168 Posts
Likes Given: 15

billy goat. Your all over the board talking about getting a 380 then a springer 9mm?? As in XD or 1911 compact. Ether way weight is 2 to 3 times the difference. DO NOT put any input to how reliable someone said most handguns are. Most times the owner or ammo cause most all the problems in a handgun. Not the handguns design.

I have carried snubbies, KT pf-9 and for the last few years kahrs. have a cm9 , cw9 and tp40 . Shoot thousands of rounds thru them all and find them 100% reliable. My first one came from a pissed off owner that could not make it run?? great of me. I have bought several other brands from upset owners of handguns a 3 of 4 turned on to be very reliable. One went back was fixed and now carried by a son-in-law. Handle and shoot everthing you can lat hands on. If you have a range with rentals many will let you shoot with in a caliber what they have to rent!! Most any trigger can be mastered if smooth functioning also. Just find what weight range you think you can deal with .

You would be better off with a bersa 380CC or combat than a 380 s&w walther or colt or a small 9mm with a cw9 over the cm9 kahr or a shield,, nano, xds or baby glock that you can carry 100% of the time than some cool 30oz springfield pistol thats to heavy or large for a T-shirts and shorts. Then over time you can expand your handgun line. Same goes for recoil for some. Buy the cartidge that you can control and afford to shoot. A 16 to 19 oz 380 pistol maybe better for you over the same weight 9mm, 40cal or 45 that maybe to much. Thats something you have to figure out, not use.

Old 04-15-2013, 04:36 AM   #5

As much as the ruger LCP gets put down I love mine. It is a very reliable gun, that fits wonderfully anywhere I put it. I don't worry about it since the trigger pull is a mile long, and heavy as hell. The sights ate not there, but who needs target sights on a pocket pistol. Mine cycles fine and after 500 rounds of many different brands, I have never had an issue. Having to be choosy with selfdefense rounds sucks, but as long as you stay away from +p ammo the gun is fine. The price and the conceal-ability are enough for me to recommend it. But like previously stated, if you can rent a firearm at your range do it. If you know someone with a pistol that you're interested in try it. The best way to feel out a handgun is to feel it.

Old 04-15-2013, 06:46 AM   #6

Liked 284 Times on 246 Posts

Kahr CM9
Sig P938

Old 04-16-2013, 06:39 PM   #7
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Sig P938