Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Kahr, Ruger,S&W, or Springfield for carry? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/kahr-ruger-s-w-springfield-carry-88674/)

Billygoat 04-12-2013 04:36 PM

Kahr, Ruger,S&W, or Springfield for carry?

I'm looking for a .380 for a carry gun but have no experience with any. I like the Colt and Walther but they may be out of my price range. I saw the old thread on problems with the Kahr but they may have gotten the issues worked out by now. I realize the Springfield is a 9 but it is small enough to carry. Does anyone have recent experience with the Kahr, Ruger, S&W, or Springfield? Any problems? Thanks.

purehavoc 04-12-2013 04:51 PM

BG,
With as small as some of the 9mms are now a day , Thats what I would be looking at . Diamondback as the DB9 which is just a hair bigger than the Ruger .380 and Kahr .380 , it conceals very easily , Its striker fired so no long trigger pull , and mine is pretty damn accurate, I also own a LC9 , I like its ergonomics better , but the trigger pull is very long and Im just not as accurate with it

Ez2b 04-12-2013 04:56 PM

My wife just bought a Smith and Wesson M&P 9c which is a9 millimeter compact she loves it
. I have to admit it is the only 9 mm in the family. I have also shot it it is a very sweet gun. would not think of going any smaller in caliber wise though just my opinion obviously

hardluk1 04-14-2013 04:13 PM

billy goat. Your all over the board talking about getting a 380 then a springer 9mm?? As in XD or 1911 compact. Ether way weight is 2 to 3 times the difference. DO NOT put any input to how reliable someone said most handguns are. Most times the owner or ammo cause most all the problems in a handgun. Not the handguns design.

I have carried snubbies, KT pf-9 and for the last few years kahrs. have a cm9 , cw9 and tp40 . Shoot thousands of rounds thru them all and find them 100% reliable. My first one came from a pissed off owner that could not make it run?? great of me. I have bought several other brands from upset owners of handguns a 3 of 4 turned on to be very reliable. One went back was fixed and now carried by a son-in-law. Handle and shoot everthing you can lat hands on. If you have a range with rentals many will let you shoot with in a caliber what they have to rent!! Most any trigger can be mastered if smooth functioning also. Just find what weight range you think you can deal with .

You would be better off with a bersa 380CC or combat than a 380 s&w walther or colt or a small 9mm with a cw9 over the cm9 kahr or a shield,, nano, xds or baby glock that you can carry 100% of the time than some cool 30oz springfield pistol thats to heavy or large for a T-shirts and shorts. Then over time you can expand your handgun line. Same goes for recoil for some. Buy the cartidge that you can control and afford to shoot. A 16 to 19 oz 380 pistol maybe better for you over the same weight 9mm, 40cal or 45 that maybe to much. Thats something you have to figure out, not use.

JPenn856 04-15-2013 04:36 AM

As much as the ruger LCP gets put down I love mine. It is a very reliable gun, that fits wonderfully anywhere I put it. I don't worry about it since the trigger pull is a mile long, and heavy as hell. The sights ate not there, but who needs target sights on a pocket pistol. Mine cycles fine and after 500 rounds of many different brands, I have never had an issue. Having to be choosy with selfdefense rounds sucks, but as long as you stay away from +p ammo the gun is fine. The price and the conceal-ability are enough for me to recommend it. But like previously stated, if you can rent a firearm at your range do it. If you know someone with a pistol that you're interested in try it. The best way to feel out a handgun is to feel it.

BeyondTheBox 04-15-2013 06:46 AM

Kahr CM9
Sig P938

eborden1122 04-16-2013 06:39 PM

Sig P938
Kimber SOLO
Colt Mustang Pocketlite