Kahr PM9 vs Kel-Tec PF9 - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns >

Kahr PM9 vs Kel-Tec PF9


View Poll Results: Is the Kahr worth 2x as much as the Kel-Tec
Yes. You get what you pay for. 11 47.83%
No. The Kel-Tec is a bargain, but not cheap. 6 26.09%
For crying out loud... go shoot them yourself. 6 26.09%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2011, 07:08 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Phelenwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 876
Liked 23 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Default

It all boils down to what you yourself want. If you want to spend the extra money then get the Kahr. I would love to get one. The Kel-Tec and the Khar are both great guns. I have not heard of to many people complaining about either one of them.
For my pocket/ankle carry I use a Taurus Model 85SSUL in .38 Special.
Phelenwolf is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:32 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Charleston,West Virginia
Posts: 66
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

I carry the PF9 on a daily basis. My son carries a Kahr. They are both great little guns. My PF9 is not the most comfortable to shoot. It is like having a firecracker going off in your hand. But I have learned to shoot it well and it has never missed a beat. I trust it 100%. AND you can get it for far less than the Kahr.
Leathermarshmallow is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:47 AM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Muskegon,Michigan
Posts: 7
Default

I also own and carry a PF-9 daily and I like it very much. It is easy to conceal and has never failed me. Your not going to drive nails from 25 yards but it does the job at normal defense distances.
slipy120 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 12:23 AM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
sweeper22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,665
Liked 353 Times on 281 Posts
Likes Given: 53

Default

Scott- I'd love to hear your thoughts once you reach a decision. My next purchase will probably be a spring/summer carry, and these are two guns I'm looking at. Basically, it's LCP, PF9, or PM9. Might give the G26 a look as well.

The other option I'm seriously considering (it might actually be the favorite) is the soon to be released Sig P290. Not crazy about being a crash test dummy, but they should be hitting the shelves in the next few weeks. MSRP is said to be $550 for one with night sights. I'd like to get a look at these. I believe they're single stack 6+1's.

And now, add the Ruger LC9 to the list of candidates. Apparently the whole pocket 9mm thing is trending in the right direction, with the 380 market getting flooded.

Last edited by sweeper22; 01-04-2011 at 12:48 AM.
sweeper22 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 01:36 AM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
CHLChris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Portland,Oregon
Posts: 2,523
Liked 191 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper22 View Post
And now, add the Ruger LC9 to the list of candidates. Apparently the whole pocket 9mm thing is trending in the right direction, with the 380 market getting flooded.
You got me all-aflutter with mention of a new pistol by Ruger, the LC9. This is the first I've heard of it.

But it is taller and longer than a PM9 (after 3 minutes of quick research), so I've already discounted it. The LCP's main benefit is its tiny size. That's the PM9's benefit, too, being just a little larger with the trade being a better caliber.
__________________
.45acp, .40 S&W, 9mm, .38 Spl, .380 acp, 22lr
12 gauge, .223/5.56x45mm, 30-30 Winchester


2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face
CHLChris is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 01:48 AM   #16
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ScottA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Davenport,IA
Posts: 7,140
Liked 2477 Times on 1328 Posts
Likes Given: 879

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper22 View Post
Scott- I'd love to hear your thoughts once you reach a decision. My next purchase will probably be a spring/summer carry, and these are two guns I'm looking at. Basically, it's LCP, PF9, or PM9. Might give the G26 a look as well.

The other option I'm seriously considering (it might actually be the favorite) is the soon to be released Sig P290. Not crazy about being a crash test dummy, but they should be hitting the shelves in the next few weeks. MSRP is said to be $550 for one with night sights. I'd like to get a look at these. I believe they're single stack 6+1's.

And now, add the Ruger LC9 to the list of candidates. Apparently the whole pocket 9mm thing is trending in the right direction, with the 380 market getting flooded.
Birthday is in two weeks. So I'll have word for you by then.
__________________
Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA
ScottA is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 05:31 AM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Desert Hills,Arizony
Posts: 774
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking View Post
MK 40 is on my wish list, all Kahrs are spendy but worth the money. Everyone I've looked at, including poly framed models were quality build.
I do like a small .40, but I still have a CZ Rami steel frame in .40 in my store showcase that I like. A big plus is the double stack mag which gives you an 8+1 capacity.
billdeserthills is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:20 AM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 475
Liked 42 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 239

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdeserthills View Post
I do like a small .40, but I still have a CZ Rami steel frame in .40 in my store showcase that I like. A big plus is the double stack mag which gives you an 8+1 capacity.
I've handled a CZ Rami like yours, it felt good in my hands, had a quality feel to it. Low capacity magazines like in Kahr and AMT II Backup .40 S&W leave me wanting but it's sort of the price one pays for sub-compact pistols. Then again being that they are quite concealable I could carry two, yeah right like I can afford that.
Viking is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:12 PM   #19
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ScottA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Davenport,IA
Posts: 7,140
Liked 2477 Times on 1328 Posts
Likes Given: 879

Default

I got a chance this past weekend to play some more with the Kahr. I finally had to come to the conclusion I was looking for two guns.

As impressive as the Kahr was, I knew handling it that even its smallish size and weight for a 9mm would be too heavy to insure I would carry it consistently. The Kel-Tec is essentially the same size and weight as well. Therefore, I ordered a S&W Bodyguard 380 today. It's a compromise, but I'd rather be sure to have a pistol I know will always be in my pocket rather than one at home.

Now on to the 9. I'll have to see how the birthday proceeds go, but I've asked a friend who might have a good lead on a Springfield EMP 9.
__________________
Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA
ScottA is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:50 AM   #20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
proscene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 9
Default K vs. K

I've owned both the Keltec PF9 and the Kahr PM9. The keltec was a gun I really wanted to love but there were just too many issues:
Firing Pin issue
Mag release problem
sloppy fit n finish
Extractor failed twice.

The Kahr PM9 . . . . NADA issues.
It costs more but for me it was worth the dependability. It always works!
proscene is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Kahr CW9 Makarov Semi-Auto Handguns 8 06-30-2010 07:42 PM
Kahr CW9 mitchellt Semi-Auto Handguns 8 08-03-2009 12:40 AM
New Kahr CW9 Texanbybirth Semi-Auto Handguns 13 07-08-2009 04:59 AM
Kahr P40 S3th Semi-Auto Handguns 5 12-29-2007 05:41 AM



Newest Threads