KAHR P-38 First Group on the Range Today
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns >

KAHR P-38 First Group on the Range Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2011, 08:12 PM   #1
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3574 Times on 1721 Posts
Likes Given: 1782

Default KAHR P-38 First Group on the Range Today

I finally got a chance to take the new Kahr P-380 pocket pistol to the range today. I was pleased with it's performance for such a small pistol. The target below was shot off hand at 7 yards using Federal 90 Grain Hydra-Shock-JHP
#PD380HS1-H Low Recoil. I also fired some Winchester 95 Grain Full Metal Jacket Target & Range rounds which performed accuracy wise as well as the Federal rounds. However I will be carrying the Federal rounds in the weapon for personal protection.
The pistol conceals very easily in the ankle holster and for the biggest part in the inside the pants holster even with a loose T-Shirt. It is light and a pleasure to carry. However when colder weather hits it will be back to the Model 27 40 Cal. most of the time.

kahr-p-380-7-yards.jpg   kahr-p-380-size.jpg  

Last edited by Sniper03; 07-19-2011 at 10:16 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-19-2011, 08:16 PM   #2

Liked 1443 Times on 812 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Nice carry piece 03 and good shooting.

Minute of Bad Guy every day!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 07-30-2011, 10:06 PM   #3

My P380 has been quite troublesome. Without going into gruesome detail, it had originally proved totally unreliable well after the 200-round break-in (actually over 500 rounds) and a replacement slide stop provided by Kahr.

After over six weeks at Kahr in Worcester MA, It was returned (replaced?) with a new frame and some other new parts. The first 100 rounds fired produced 5 malfunctions, but the subsequent 250 assorted rounds functioned perfectly.

Next, I'll finally try another two boxes of Speer TMJ's. I've chosen this as my carry ammo for the P380 as there's little reason to expect .380 hollow points to expand from such a short barrel, and such expansion would only decrease needed penetration. If those hundred rounds prove reliable, I may consider carrying the P380, that is, if I ever find I can't carry a .38 snub, Glock 27 or Glock 23.

Last edited by Glockenspieler; 07-30-2011 at 10:54 PM. Reason: remove oversize picture

Old 07-30-2011, 10:26 PM   #4
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3574 Times on 1721 Posts
Likes Given: 1782

One thing that I did do at the advise of others here on the FTF. In one thread they advised the KAHR P-380 was a fine little pocket pistol but must be kept clean and properly lubricated. They also advised whey you get one form the factory you must clean it since they did not clean it after it was test fired at the plant. I found that to be true! I got it in and took it to my cleaning bench. It was in fact dirty. So I cleaned it as they advised and used G-96 Lube on the inside of the rails let it run down the rails as the slide was sitting in the vertical position. After the excess ran off I wiped off the excess and took it to my range. I clean it doing the same process after each range period. I have not had a single malfunction or failure to feed using two different ammos. I am carrying the 90 grain Federal Hydra Shock and also have fired some 95 grain Winchester FMJs through it. It is my opinion like many weapons I believe it may possibly be very temperamental when it comes to the proper lubricant and from what the previous posts indicated proper cleaning. One thing about it is it is one fine little pocket pistol in warm weather or in a leg holster. You hardly know it is even there! Of course I will carry my 40 Cal. Model 27 Glock or my Rock River Pro Carry 45 ACP when the weather gets colder and wearing heavier clothes.

Last edited by Sniper03; 07-30-2011 at 10:29 PM.