Kahr CW9
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Kahr CW9

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 03:39 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 37 Times on 16 Posts

Default Kahr CW9

I celebrated Gun Appreciation Day, this past Saturday, by taking the Utah CCW class and getting a new 9mm. Went with the Kahr CW9. It fits my smallish hands perfectly! I am taking it to the range this Friday and will give y'all an update after that. If anyone has something to share about this gun please do so! Also if anyone has any tips on making that slide a little easier to rack, I would appreciate it. It really takes a lot of muscle!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-24-2013, 04:57 PM   #2

Liked 281 Times on 222 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Use a 124gr fmj for the first 100 or 200 rounds to help soften up the recoil spring. Some 115gr ammo does not have enought energy to give a full cycle to the slide when new. 100 or 200 rounds latter they tends to shoot anything. I use speer gold dot 124gr +P for carry. One of the few brands to give trouble to any 9mm is wwb but it to can run fine so take two different labels with you. Magtech runs dirty but seem to work well along with bulk remmy.

You will or may see some plastic wear off the front fake guide rails. They wear in and then stop wearing. Only there to aid assembly and help keep dirt out.

Add a piece or two of free used innertube to the grip to help hang on to it at range sessions. Stop buy a bike shop for a used tube. 1.75" tube, or a hogue slip !!

I tend to not pinch the slide from behind and grab it from the top and push pull when new springs are new then go to a regular pinch and pull style. They will sling shot but you need a good full pull and clean release. Use the slide stop at first.

Dont worry so much about group size at first if a long DA trigger pull is new to you . It will come with rounds down range.

If you think you can run thru 100 or 200 rounds in a range session you may want to get a reloading helper like from uplula

Next- enjoy the range trip. I was dumb enought with my first kahr to shoot it with nothing on the grip and soon enought wore through a couple layers of skin on my thumb. Nice callus there now.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:06 PM   #3

Liked 95 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 138

I had trouble with my CW9, the magazine would fall out while firing and sometimes have reliability issues, the gun would jam ... I got rid of it

Old 01-24-2013, 09:26 PM   #4

I had a CW 40 that I loved but had to get rid of it because I had a tendency to hit the mag release button when firing. I have big hands and I'm pretty sure that's what my problem was. The slide will be easier to rack the more you shoot the gun.

Old 01-27-2013, 03:52 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I've had a CW9 for a couple years and it's become my favorite carry gun. Small, thin and light. It can be worn with almost anything. It's been flawless and very accurate.

I bought a set of Hogue slip on grips and they were great for my large hands.

imag1150.jpg  

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."

Old 01-27-2013, 04:00 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I had a little issue with a pinch point but practiced my way around it:

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/any-kahr-cw9-owners-out-there-trigger-question-47202/

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."

Old 01-27-2013, 04:05 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Last, but not least, here's a forum just for Kahr's. If you have any issues/concerns, it's a good source of info from Kahr owners.

http://www.kahrtalk.com/forum.php

Old 02-01-2013, 02:51 AM   #8

Liked 37 Times on 16 Posts

Well I did take my new Kahr to the range and loved it! You can read about it here: www.belrockcitygirl.com I have been wearing it everyday and though I am not 100 % satisfied with my holster I have no problem with the weight or comfort of the gun. My problem is that it does not stay close to my body, I feel like the belt loops of the holster should be up higher on the holster so it keeps the grip closer to my body. (You can find a pic of me strapped on the website) If anyone has any suggestions I would be grateful! Oh, one other thing, after I empty the mag and the slide locks open, when I tap the newly loaded mag on the slide automatically closes and chambers the next round. With the exception of two times, it did this every time. I am pretty sure it is not supposed to do this, since Kahr says for the first 250 rounds you should use te slide lock/release.

Old 02-01-2013, 03:12 AM   #9

Liked 25 Times on 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelRockRebel
Well I did take my new Kahr to the range and loved it! You can read about it here: www.belrockcitygirl.com I have been wearing it everyday and though I am not 100 % satisfied with my holster I have no problem with the weight or comfort of the gun. My problem is that it does not stay close to my body, I feel like the belt loops of the holster should be up higher on the holster so it keeps the grip closer to my body. (You can find a pic of me strapped on the website) If anyone has any suggestions I would be grateful! Oh, one other thing, after I empty the mag and the slide locks open, when I tap the newly loaded mag on the slide automatically closes and chambers the next round. With the exception of two times, it did this every time. I am pretty sure it is not supposed to do this, since Kahr says for the first 250 rounds you should use te slide lock/release.
My CW9 does the same thing also. I love it and I hope it's a feature that's stays and doesn't disappear once its had a few hundred rounds through it.

Old 02-01-2013, 03:31 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I added a picture of the holster I use for my CW9 and like it a lot. My first holster like this was and is for my Ruger SR9, and I like that one so much I bought this one. No fancy name with a high price tag, just a simple leather one that holds the gun tight and keeps it close to my body. Oh yeah, picked it up on EBay.....

imag1151.jpg