Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Kahr CW9 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/kahr-cw9-26416/)

Makarov 04-23-2010 09:23 PM

Kahr CW9

I just bought a brand new Kahr CW9 as my new carry gun. It holds 7+1 rounds of 9mm, very light and slim. It seems like a great gun, altough I haven't shot it yet. However, it only came with one mag and I have been looking for another one (or two). It seems that Kahr's CW9, P9, E9, and K9 all take the same mags. Can anybody verify this? Thanks

greenjeans 04-24-2010 03:17 PM

I think you are correct with the magazines, but not positive. PM and MK Series will not fit. My CW9 has been and is great. I carry it a lot. I had no problems during the break-in period. Have had a couple of light strikes with the Remington Green Box stuff. Not sure if ammo or gun related. I flushed the striker channel with Gun Scrubber and have had no problems since. I have CW45 that has been great, also.

NGIB 04-24-2010 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Makarov (Post 275043)
I just bought a brand new Kahr CW9 as my new carry gun. It holds 7+1 rounds of 9mm, very light and slim. It seems like a great gun, altough I haven't shot it yet. However, it only came with one mag and I have been looking for another one (or two). It seems that Kahr's CW9, P9, E9, and K9 all take the same mags. Can anybody verify this? Thanks

You are correct and the mags are a tad pricey as well...

Tackleberry1 04-24-2010 03:32 PM

+1 NGIB

Kahr mags are pricey but if the gun runs there worth it. I've had my PM9 for 2 years now with zero problems. Took me awhile to discover Kahr but I'm sure my PM9 wont be the last one I buy.

Good Guns.:)

Tack

Texanbybirth 04-28-2010 02:44 AM

I've seen mags priced from $30-41. I have about 800 rounds through mine and I love it. I carry it every day.(When I'm not traveling in states where it is illegal) Kahr makes an 8 round magazine that would be a good second.

Kaptin 04-29-2010 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenjeans (Post 275330)
I think you are correct with the magazines, but not positive. PM and MK Series will not fit. My CW9 has been and is great. I carry it a lot. I had no problems during the break-in period. Have had a couple of light strikes with the Remington Green Box stuff. Not sure if ammo or gun related. I flushed the striker channel with Gun Scrubber and have had no problems since. I have CW45 that has been great, also.

I sold my CW9 because of the light primer strikes. It would have one about about every 50 to 100 rounds, different ammo. I also had a problem with the mag falling out during shooting. I just could not trust it.

Wambli 04-29-2010 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Makarov (Post 275043)

Whatever you do do NOT buy aftermarket mags for it. I have two Kahrs in the house and all the aftermarket mags I've tested are JUNK. Stick to factory ones...

tmoore912 05-01-2010 01:36 AM

Cheapest place I have found Kahr factory mags is Topgunsupply.com

Kahr K9 9mm 7rd Magazine - All 9mm Models Except T9 - Top Gun Supply

I have had two Kahrs. One a P40 and the other is a P9. Great guns and easy to carry. As stated earlier, Kahr makes a 8 round with a pinky extension on it that makes for a great backup mag.

jyo 06-30-2010 07:42 PM

Cw-9

My two Kahr CW-9 (one for me, one for wife) pistols suffered from the "mag drop" problem when I first test fired them as did my brother's (bought at the same time)---this was cured after new mag releases and springs installed (sent free from Kahr)---now all three run 100%. I agree on only using factory magazines---Pro-mags have never worked well in any guns my friends have tried (like Mini-14) and I don't recommend them. Get a couple of extra mags and a bunch of ammo and practice!