Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Kahr cm or pm?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2013, 02:24 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 80 Times on 67 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA

Got that backwards.
Damn it, you're right. I have never, EVER gotten that right. You shoulda seen me when I got into shooting Glocks, it took me about a year to get the numbers straight.

Old 03-17-2013, 02:28 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7mmstw
The rifling is a moot point. It's a 3 inch barrel. On a 6" long slide with a long sight radius I can see it, there is only so much accuracy you can attain out of a micro compact pistol. I don't like MIM parts either but I don't see how those parts would Ed up a failure to feed/chamber/fire. I've heard the trigger is better on the pm vs the cm but that's unconfirmed. Set of a kahr, I know they are great pistols,(own a cw9) but if $649 vs $400 used online I want to know for sure if the extra is worth it, I like the drift sights and extra mag on the pm but I can cut a front dovetail, and buy another mag. Not trying to be an ass but $200 is another 8 hours of work or 8lbs of varget (if I could find it).
Polygonal rifling does have some other advantages, though. Those would be, an increase in average muzzle vel., less bullet deformation, longer barrel life, and less fouling. Again these are somewhat moot points for a carry gun. It all depends.

Old 03-17-2013, 02:28 PM   #13
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1997 Times on 1083 Posts
Likes Given: 716

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyShackleford101 View Post
Damn it, you're right. I have never, EVER gotten that right. You shoulda seen me when I got into shooting Glocks, it took me about a year to get the numbers straight.
Kind of like Mercedes model numbers.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 03-17-2013, 02:32 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA

Kind of like Mercedes model numbers.
Exactly, there's just something about model numbers!

Old 03-17-2013, 03:04 PM   #15
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 250 Times on 165 Posts
Likes Given: 88

I have a PM40. Fit and finish is superb. It is a snappy little pistol. I use it for a BUG only. I also have it listed in the classified section of the forum. I originally bought it for a gift for my grandson, but he didn't like the recoil. He asked me for a Ruger LC9 instead and enjoys it better.

I am a large person (300+) with large hands and have trouble shooting it with any accuracy beyond 7 yards. I generally joke that the safest place on the firing range is standing in front of my target. I installed Laserlyte sights on it to help with target acquisition and they do help remarkably well. Using a rest I can hold about 5" w/o the laser and about 3" with it. Offhand about 6" and 4" respectively. All at 7 yards. Combat accuracy.

The trigger is smooth and 7-8 lbs. All in all I find that it's a high quality pistol, but would not recommend it as a first pistol for a new shooter.

May the Force be with you.
An armed society is a polite society - Robert Heinlein
A Gun-Free-Zone is nothing more than a hunting preserve for wackos.

ScottA Likes This 
Old 03-18-2013, 04:26 AM   #16

Liked 284 Times on 246 Posts

Useless money wasted on something that's not a competition gun. Octagonal barrel is pointless, thicker slide is opposite of what you want in a carry gun and 200 worth of ammo should never be underestimated!

Old 03-18-2013, 12:47 PM   #17
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 250 Times on 165 Posts
Likes Given: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox
Useless money wasted on something that's not a competition gun. Octagonal barrel is pointless, thicker slide is opposite of what you want in a carry gun and 200 worth of ammo should never be underestimated!
Your arrogant stupid remarks show a great lack of knowledge of what you are talking about both here and the 40 cal. thread. You sound like a dumb teenager trying to force his way into an adult conversation with nothing to contribute except smart-ass remarks.

May the Force be with you.
An armed society is a polite society - Robert Heinlein
A Gun-Free-Zone is nothing more than a hunting preserve for wackos.

Tackleberry1 Likes This 
Old 03-19-2013, 02:37 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox
You made me feel sad . I guess I'll go eat some ice cream...
Old 03-19-2013, 06:38 PM   #19

Liked 284 Times on 246 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoertz View Post

Your arrogant stupid remarks show a great lack of knowledge of what you are talking about both here and the 40 cal. thread. You sound like a dumb teenager trying to force his way into an adult conversation with nothing to contribute except smart-ass remarks.
I'm short in response for sure. But it's easy to see that this is merely one man's opinion on the subject based, of course, on his value on things.

I don't value a polygonal barrel for a self defense gun, it's a useless addition. Same with a thicker slide with nicer etching, means absolutely nothing to me. Other than those I see no differences. They're both built well enough to last a lifetime, both great guns, so for me 200 bones is the biggest factor possible in deciding and would be an absolute waste of mine to get the PM.

Sorry if you feel that a poor assessment man, feel free to rebut and inform of something I may be missing. I think we'd all appreciate it.