Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Kahr arms

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2012, 02:33 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Kahr arms

Hey all. Was thinkin bout gettin mu ol lady a kahr arms 380 (in pink of course lol). Any input on their quality and perfomance would be greatly appreciated from my second ammendment brotheren. Thanks.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-30-2012, 02:36 PM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2916 Times on 1717 Posts

They make great guns.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 08-30-2012, 04:26 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have a Kahr CM9 which is 9mm vs .380. I shoot it from time to time at the range and it does a decent job. I think the trigger pull is decent for a DOA compact handgun. It's a solid gun too but a bit heavy compared to a lot of pocket pistols. My experience has been good and I usually hear that people are happy with their Kahr handguns. So... I suspect the .380 version will be decent. If any issues I would suspect it will have more to do with the .380 ammo as opposed to the gun itself.

Old 08-30-2012, 10:25 PM   #4

Liked 207 Times on 166 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I have a pair of 9mm kahrs and really like them but I passed on there 380. Just to many issues and some what costly. I bought the taurus 738 tcp and have been more than pleased for way less moneys. Great trigger with a 6lb pull weight of the same kind and the same 10.2 oz weight with mag in it. You can even get some different finish's and colors. Have not found a hp it will not shot yet ether. Tried 6 different ones. I will not carry a 380 often so I bought the most basic model and lGS price was 185 + tax. Most expensive was a black finished SS with 2 mags and belt pouch and it was 260.

Old 08-31-2012, 12:38 AM   #5

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I have one & although I carry it, I couldn't recommend it to anyone in good conscience. I bought mine 2nd hand which apparently means there is no warranty, although I've never confirmed this directly with Kahr. I've also had problems with the well-documented issue of the slide locking back with rounds still in the mag. I thought I had cured this on my own & had fired 200+ rounds trouble-free, but now the slide won't lock back when the mag IS empty.

Also, as another user had posted some time ago, there is some connection between Kahr Arms & the Unification church - that cult lead by Sun Myung Moon. Make of that what you will...

Old 08-31-2012, 12:49 AM   #6
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2165 Times on 1081 Posts
Likes Given: 1101

Eric,

I have a Kahr P-380 that I carry every where I go in the warmer months in a DeSantis Ankle Holster. It is hardly noticed as I carry it. Sometimes I have to remind myself it is there! That is how comfortable it is to carry. I am also carrying Hornady Critical Defense. In the colder weather I pack a Glock 27 and my Colt Commander 1911. There is one thing that I will share with you. That is since it is test fired at the factory and not cleaned. You should disassemble it clean it and lube it. You will need to load the first round by depressing the Slide Lock and after that mine will feed almost anything I put in it while cycling when firing. They are a nice light weight (almost unnoticed) and easy to carry and a great choice for CCW. And work well in a wast band holster also.
I also put magazine extensions on it to accommodate my meat claws.

kahr-p-380-size.jpg  

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 08-31-2012, 12:55 AM   #7
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2165 Times on 1081 Posts
Likes Given: 1101

rosco,

The number one cause of magazine fed rifles or pistols is the magazine. Followed by low powered ammunition. But sounds to me it is the magazine if you were shooting the same ammunition brand and type. Might want to try a new magazine.
Good Luck but I would still call Kahr and advise of the problem.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 08-31-2012, 04:28 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 217 Times on 175 Posts
Likes Given: 27

I can't stand the CW series (long, mushy trigger). The other Kahrs I've shot have been just fine.

Old 09-01-2012, 05:11 PM   #9

Liked 207 Times on 166 Posts
Likes Given: 15

The CW has the same trigger as all but the couple models with a safety and the enhansed trigger and that is only an option on a coulpe models in there line up. Its a shooter issue , not a trigger issue. I could say the same as you about a M&P trigger. But I know if I gave one a real chance I could shoot it fine.

Old 09-08-2012, 10:19 AM   #10
jyo

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 3

It does take a little bit of practice to become accustomed to the Kahr DAO type trigger---my two CW9s triggers are smooth and light. My wife and I shoot ours well. One of my shooting buddies, on the other hand, just could not get a handle on this type of trigger system and hates it.