Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > K100 Grand Power - kill yourself

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2013, 11:03 PM   #21
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 19537 Times on 11090 Posts
Likes Given: 49188

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhand View Post
You are right. It should be possible but not without any barrel plastic deformation
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhand View Post
i fully understand the word fracture and it's definition. plastic deformation has me confused as to why you are using it in reference to the barrel. the barrel isn't made of plastic.

Old 10-09-2013, 10:52 PM   #22

Liked 47 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post

i fully understand the word fracture and it's definition. plastic deformation has me confused as to why you are using it in reference to the barrel. the barrel isn't made of plastic.
In physics and materials science, plasticity describes the deformation of a material undergoing non-reversible changes of shape in response to applied forces.[1][2] For example, a solid piece of metal being bent or pounded into a new shape displays plasticity as permanent changes occur within the material itself.

Source, Wikipedia.

Old 10-09-2013, 10:57 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanKaz View Post
In physics and materials science, plasticity describes the deformation of a material undergoing non-reversible changes of shape in response to applied forces.[1][2] For example, a solid piece of metal being bent or pounded into a new shape displays plasticity as permanent changes occur within the material itself.

Source, Wikipedia.
okay, that makes sense to a degree. but wouldn't the metal have to be heated to a point of that plasticity?

what i saw in the pictures looked like a squib load, fired upon with a full power load, in thus, rupturing the barrel into several peices. so IMO, that would be an ammo issue and not one of the pistol itself.
DrumJunkie Likes This 
Old 10-09-2013, 11:59 PM   #24

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
okay, that makes sense to a degree. but wouldn't the metal have to be heated to a point of that plasticity?

what i saw in the pictures looked like a squib load, fired upon with a full power load, in thus, rupturing the barrel into several peices. so IMO, that would be an ammo issue and not one of the pistol itself.
Looks like a squib to me. Hard to blame the tool when the one wielding it looks to have made the error.
...Meaning the shooter had to be unaware that a round did not make it out of the barrel then fire again. I don't care what the gun is or where it was made. THat can and will have real big consequences. I've seen more than one gun that had the same fate. And they all pretty much look like this one.

I've had a squib round in one of my guns. But I am one that looks where my rounds are going and a squib feels and sounds much different than a properly fired round.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 10-10-2013, 12:02 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
Looks like a squib to me. Hard to blame the tool when the one wielding it looks to have made the error.
...Meaning the shooter had to be unaware that a round did not make it out of the barrel then fire again. I don't care what the gun is or where it was made. THat can and will have real big consequences. I've seen more than one gun that had the same fate. And they all pretty much look like this one.

I've had a squib round in one of my guns. But I am one that looks where my rounds are going and a squib feels and sounds much different than a properly fired round.
exactly! with some else's reloads, there is the potential for a squib load to happen.

even the best made pistol can be damaged by a squib load. that's not theory, but fact.
DrumJunkie Likes This 
Old 10-10-2013, 12:18 AM   #26

Quote:
exactly! with some else's reloads, there is the potential for a squib load to happen.

even the best made pistol can be damaged by a squib load. that's not theory, but fact.
I've seen bad factory ammo as well. It's just smart to pay very close attention when using a firearm and know that the bullet left the barrel. A squib feels and sunds much different then a properly fired round. It's just smart to understand the difference.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 10-10-2013, 12:21 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
I've seen bad factory ammo as well. It's just smart to pay very close attention when using a firearm and know that the bullet left the barrel. A squib feels and sunds much different then a properly fired round. It's just smart to understand the difference.
yes i agree. but IMO, less likely to happen with name brand factory loaded ammo.

and yes, absolutely, it's best to pay attention to your shooting, because catching a squib load early is just an aggravation that can be fixed, but firing upon one usually ends up with a destroyed firearm.

Old 10-10-2013, 12:25 AM   #28

Well yeah, I and only remember one time that there was a squib with factory ammo. And that was some guy at a public range years ago. Thank God the guy heard it and stoppped shooting to check the weapon.

If you're using reloads you do have to be more careful. I will not use any other reloads except the ones I make with the exception of one friend of mine and we are together switching out then.

I've never bought re-manufactured ammo form anyone. I'm sure it's fine most all the time but it will always e in the back of y head that they are someone elses reloads. I don't think I could get past that.

Thomas Jefferson

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 10-13-2013, 12:45 AM   #29

Liked 175 Times on 112 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Plastic deformation is the technical term for the bending or stretching of the metal prior to fracturing. In his photos it looked me like there is no deformation, only fracture. So I was curious about that. It suggests that the barrel might have been improperly heat treated. When a gun blows up, we usually see photos of a bulged barrel, or bent pieces of barrel, which are both examples of plastic deformation.

Old 10-13-2013, 02:50 AM   #30
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2700 Times on 1854 Posts
Likes Given: 542

OP: being as I have dealt with J&G a Bit,..Why didn't you have them refund your $$

That Importer Brings many Guns into this country we'd otherwise not get to buy. this is very Sad,..but Like others We're glad your ok!!

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*