Just purchased my FiveSeven, a few questions
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Just purchased my FiveSeven, a few questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2008, 12:43 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Just purchased my FiveSeven, a few questions

I just bought my FiveseveN, and now I have a few questions. First is it normal for an FFL dealer to ask for the seller's dealer's FFL number? The person selling it to me said that is the first time he's heard of a dealer asking for that. I just want to make sure my FFL dealer isn't being shady and isn't going to go sell my handgun or something before I get there to pick it up. Second, where is a good place to find some decent one-size-fits-all/several holsters? I know FiveseveN's don't have specially fitted holsters like more common brands like Glock and HK, so I need to find a holster that can fit it.

Thanks,
Crispy

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-18-2008, 02:08 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crispy129 View Post
I just bought my FiveseveN, and now I have a few questions. First is it normal for an FFL dealer to ask for the seller's dealer's FFL number? The person selling it to me said that is the first time he's heard of a dealer asking for that. I just want to make sure my FFL dealer isn't being shady and isn't going to go sell my handgun or something before I get there to pick it up. Second, where is a good place to find some decent one-size-fits-all/several holsters? I know FiveseveN's don't have specially fitted holsters like more common brands like Glock and HK, so I need to find a holster that can fit it.

Thanks,
Crispy
No it isn't, seller does not need to be an FFL "UNLESS" this is a shipped gun. Then YES.

As holsters go, you'll have to just try a bunch of them. I had the same problem with my P345, and I ended up getting a Bianchi Holster made for a Glock 17. It works perfectly.

Old 11-18-2008, 11:10 PM   #3

Oh am I allowed to bring it into a gun store (unloaded of course)?

Old 11-18-2008, 11:36 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crispy129 View Post
Oh am I allowed to bring it into a gun store (unloaded of course)?
No magazine anywhere in sight and the slide locked to the rear and you'll be fine.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.