Just picked up a new Pistol...
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Just picked up a new Pistol...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2008, 09:22 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Just picked up a new Pistol...

I just picked up a Jimenez Arms-JA .380. Anybody know anything about these-Good or bad???

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-28-2008, 12:48 AM   #2

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

No personal knowledge, but it's considered to be a cheap "Saturday Night Special." Doesn't mean it won't work though.

9x18=Makarov

Old 02-28-2008, 02:03 AM   #3

Jimenez was the manager at the now defunct Bryco plant. He bought the company out of bankruptcy and moved it to Nevada after they were all but kicked out of the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia. They build "cheap" guns, plain and simple. Certainly nothing wrong with an inexpensive firearm, but a "cheap" gun is something I would never risk the safety of my family or myself on. For a plinker, I suspect it will go bang when you pull the trigger, but don't expect much more than that. Inferior parts and metals are the reason they are priced so "reasonably"

"The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us“ ...... Patrick Henry March 23, 1775

Old 02-28-2008, 02:12 AM   #4

Default ...

Not looking to use as a home-defense gun, got the 'ol shotgun for that just wanted something to play with... Did not hava handgun-wanted a cheap one just to see if i would like it...

Last edited by yarddog152003; 02-28-2008 at 02:27 AM.

Old 02-28-2008, 02:47 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarddog152003 View Post
I just picked up a Jimenez Arms-JA .380. Anybody know anything about these-Good or bad???
These make great little "throwdown" pieces

"Stupidity is the most plentiful element in the universe"
.................................................. .....Frank Zappa

Old 02-28-2008, 11:51 AM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Just wear your ACH and ballistic glasses when you shoot it. May get as much metal coming back at you as going down range.

Just kidding, I don't know anything about them. That doesn't mean it isn't good, but.....

Old 02-29-2008, 02:15 AM   #7

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

If you're just looking for a plinker try a Heritage Rough Rider in .22, or maybe a Henry.

9x18=Makarov

Old 04-30-2008, 03:18 AM   #8

Default Ja-380

I have a Jimenez arms 380 and have had problems with the bullets jamming after its fired,its ejects the casing fine but its seems there is too much spring pressure in the clips forcing the bullets under the one thats being loaded into the chamber to jump up and get caught in the ramp.I cut a small bit of spring off to see if it helps. I sent it back to the manufacture and i think thats what they done as one of the clips seems like its easier to load the bullets in as the clip has less spring pressure.the gun is accurate at about 20 feet or closer. any further you may as well be using a sling shot.these guns cannot shoot PLUS-P ammo.Only 95 grain copper jacketed fmj american made ammo.

Old 04-30-2008, 11:52 PM   #9

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Just picked up a new handgun

Hello all

Ron L here = SERESURPLUS

Jiminez, Like the companies it decended from Bryco and Jenning, do work, but are very ammo sensitive and you might need to try a few different FMJ rounds to see what your new pistol works with? I'd aviod any HP's and Flat Point ammo, as most of these guns were really made for FMJ and work best with them? A good cleaning and try of a few different mags is alwaysd a good idea as well! Lastly, a through exam of tht guns feed ramp, barrel and all to see if any machine marks or burs or other defects might be stopping it from reliable functioning? All good idea's to try, before ya throw in the towel!

Old 05-04-2008, 03:36 PM   #10

i wouldnt buy one. but thats just me.