Just picked up a FN 5.7........ what's your guys opinion on the platform? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Just picked up a FN 5.7........ what's your guys opinion on the platform?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2013, 05:02 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 292 Times on 252 Posts

FN anything are always the ugliest guns made, just like H&K, but also some of the dopest guns made, just like H&K.

I'm all about looks first in my guns, but even I thought of adopting one of these hideous bass turds a couple hundred times. Lol

I would love, love, love to shoot one!

As far as your trade/purchase, value is in eye of beholder, always. I'd never have done it, but I'd've thought about it for a few minutes.

Last edited by BeyondTheBox; 04-16-2013 at 05:05 AM.

Old 04-16-2013, 12:41 PM   #22

Liked 48 Times on 38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
FN anything are always the ugliest guns made, just like H&K, but also some of the dopest guns made, just like H&K.

I'm all about looks first in my guns, but even I thought of adopting one of these hideous bass turds a couple hundred times. Lol

I would love, love, love to shoot one!

As far as your trade/purchase, value is in eye of beholder, always. I'd never have done it, but I'd've thought about it for a few minutes.
I still say that HiPoints are the ugliest followed secondly by Glock. As far as what I traded for this pistol, it was a steal. A low grade 1911 and a $750 cash....... I could flip this pistol for 2k right now. You gotta love this gun ban scare right......lol

Old 04-16-2013, 05:10 PM   #23

Liked 292 Times on 252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunRunner View Post
As far as what I traded for this pistol, it was a steal. A low grade 1911 and a $750 cash....... I could flip this pistol for 2k right now. You gotta love this gun ban scare right......lol
Amen to that!

Old 04-16-2013, 05:18 PM   #24
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5801 Times on 3029 Posts
Likes Given: 397

Decent guns can be difficult to reload under stress as the magazines can be unforgiving in seating just right on early versions.

Lack of cheap ammo and the cartridges arent easily reloadable are huge negatives to me. Its also a big gun with almost no holsters available

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 04-16-2013, 05:32 PM   #25

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

It has the ergonomics of a water pistol. It fires a cartridge well suited for shooting small rodents. It is as easy to conceal as a fire brick. The ammo can only be reloaded at midnight on the first day of leap year. It is the clear choice of every arm chair commando and National Guard reject.

Old 04-16-2013, 05:51 PM   #26

Liked 37 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Lightweight and very accurate
This pistol is fun to shoot but give me a 1911.

005.jpg  

Old 04-16-2013, 07:37 PM   #27

Liked 60 Times on 45 Posts
Likes Given: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunRunner View Post
I still say that HiPoints are the ugliest followed secondly by Glock. As far as what I traded for this pistol, it was a steal. A low grade 1911 and a $750 cash....... I could flip this pistol for 2k right now. You gotta love this gun ban scare right......lol
I agree with what you say about HiPoints & Glocks being uglier, but I just sold mine and while - yes - there are folks asking $2000 and even $2500 for them. Just be prepared to leave it up for sale for a good while if you plan on asking anywhere near that much for it. Realistically, you could sell it for about what you bought it for (although I am not exactly sure what the value of the "low grade 1911" you mention was - if you figure that was valued at anything less than $500 - then yes you got a pretty good deal). Mine had been to the range a total of 3 time (150 rounds) and I sold it for right at what I paid new for it (along with the value of 60 rounds of ammo & Blackhawk Serpa retention holster that I sold w/it).

Just like the HK USP that I used to own - nothing at all wrong with the gun and yes, it was fun to shoot. But for whatever reason, I just never shot it very much or used it. So flipped it.

Old 04-16-2013, 10:45 PM   #28

Liked 276 Times on 189 Posts
Likes Given: 32

I don't see what all the flak about this gun is about. It's extremely light, has a 20-30 round mag, it fires a round with excellent penetration and kinetic energy, and it has a reliable reputation. Why do people put it down so much?

Old 04-17-2013, 01:05 AM   #29

Liked 2294 Times on 1347 Posts
Likes Given: 501

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizord1 View Post
I don't see what all the flak about this gun is about. It's extremely light, has a 20-30 round mag, it fires a round with excellent penetration and kinetic energy, and it has a reliable reputation. Why do people put it down so much?
They were built really for a specific purpose with specific ammo, terminal performance against actual humans is not that great according to a few SWAT teams that have used them. It is still in the oddball category as far as finding ammo. And performance for the cost is just not looking like good economics.

I tried one out along with one of the PS90s. They are easy to shoot, and they shot flat, but ergonomics were not that great, trigger was not that great, fit in the hand was not that great. I'd rather spend my money on something I like better. If someone buys one and likes it then great. I'm just glad I shot one before buying one.

If the round was really that revolutionary, other manufacturers would have flooded the market with other guns in the same caliber. It's been out longer than other rounds that caught on, like the .40 S&W.

Old 04-17-2013, 01:11 AM   #30

Liked 276 Times on 189 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc

They were built really for a specific purpose with specific ammo, terminal performance against actual humans is not that great according to a few SWAT teams that have used them. It is still in the oddball category as far as finding ammo. And performance for the cost is just not looking like good economics.

I tried one out along with one of the PS90s. They are easy to shoot, and they shot flat, but ergonomics were not that great, trigger was not that great, fit in the hand was not that great. I'd rather spend my money on something I like better. If someone buys one and likes it then great. I'm just glad I shot one before buying one.

If the round was really that revolutionary, other manufacturers would have flooded the market with other guns in the same caliber. It's been out longer than other rounds that caught on, like the .40 S&W.
Finally someone gives me a good explanation of why.