Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Just got my new FNX 45 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/just-got-my-new-fnx-45-a-86529/)

jakewpns 03-14-2013 02:20 PM

Just got my new FNX 45

Any feedback on the FNH FNX 45? I haven't had the chance to shoot it yet, I've been looking for a doublestack 45 caliber pistol to add some diversity to my 1911s. Any issues, complaints, or praises toward the gun?

JosephMD 03-14-2013 02:33 PM

My wife is waiting on her FNX-9 (Maryland) -- we were finally able to find someone who had one that would let us shoot it. I must say, I like it. Now I'm considering an FNX-45 for myself but I still think I'd like to borrow or rent one before I make a purchase decision.

Alpha1Victor 03-14-2013 03:10 PM

I have shot the fnx-45 quite a lot. Its a fine shooter and holds 15 in the mag. Love the decocker and ergonomics of the gun but the only reason I wont buy one is, the texture on the frame. Its extremely rough on my hands. And for that reason I chose to buy the glock 21.

jakewpns 03-15-2013 02:10 PM

The texture doesn't really bother me I kind of like it actually. But as far as reliability and function? And does anyone make a retention holster for it?

colmustard 03-15-2013 03:21 PM

I have the FNP .45 and really like it. They are basicly the same gun. I have not put many rounds through mine yet (maybe 200) but have not had any issues with it. The gun shoots well and is accurate. It is hard to beat 15 rounds of .45 and I love how you can carry cocked in locked like a 1911 or you can de-cock it like a beretta or sig. Also I like how it comes with a different backstrap so you can change it to fit you.

For years I wanted an H&K USP but they are just so pricey! But then I discoverd the FN and seen it has all the features of the HK but cost less and was made in America! So I basicly bought this gun to be my HK, and turns out I think I like it more than the HKs I have shot! Shoot mine even came with tritium night sights! :)

Needless yo say I think you will be happy with your purchase! Congrats and happy and safe shooting! :)

aandabooks 03-15-2013 11:18 PM

The FNX45 is too big for my hands. The FNX9 is a fine feeling handgun. I don't like Beretta 92 for the same reason.

Alpha1Victor 03-16-2013 12:38 AM

Holsters are far and few between.

Byron0022 03-16-2013 03:00 AM

XD subcompact Serpa holster will fit the FNX 9-40. You will have to take a piece of mousepad or some other material and glue in the holster at the trigger well to tighten the fit up bit other than that the holster works great for mine.

shooterfan1974 10-08-2013 12:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 121664

I love mine. Bought it very gently used, there was a little bit of residue in the slide but inside the frame was squeaky clean. Put 200 rounds through it this weekend, no hiccups whatsoever. I was on the range 2+ hours alternating with my G19, and the grip never got too rough for me. I will say it's a bit of a reach to the slide release for my medium size hands, but the grip is fine with the smaller backstrap installed.