Just Got My Carry Permit..... - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Just Got My Carry Permit.....

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2013, 10:48 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
RustyShackleford101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 789
Liked 80 Times on 67 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1
Good for you... now for the important part... KEEP IT QUIET.

A part of CCW that many fail to consider is the "intimidation" factor for the lemmings and sheeple that surround us all.

I've EDC'd a concealed handgun daily for 17 years and in all that time, not 1 single coworker has ever know about my "armed" status.

All it takes is 1 person with a beef against you to make a false claim of brandishing or intimidation and BLAM... here comes the policy banning guns in your office and OH... by the way... Here's your pink slip Johnny!

Some good advice I gleaned from an article in American Handgunner, many years ago... went something like this...

"A gun does not make you a Cop anymore than a Fire Extinguisher makes you a Fireman. Both the Gun and the Fire Extinguisher are simply tools who's purpose is to allow you to survive a deadly situation...UNIT PROFESIONAL HELP ARRIVES."

Words to live by my friend. Good luck and be safe.

Tack
Good advice, Tack. Do you know what really gripes me too? This gosh darn CCW badges. I've seen them for sale in Sportsman's Guide. They're pretty ridiculous.
__________________
RustyShackleford101 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:39 AM   #32
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Tackleberry1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 6,148
Liked 4983 Times on 2413 Posts
Likes Given: 1586

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyShackleford101 View Post
Good advice, Tack. Do you know what really gripes me too? This gosh darn CCW badges. I've seen them for sale in Sportsman's Guide. They're pretty ridiculous.
Seen em... And I agree, they are ridiculous...

Like LEO's responding to a shooting are going to see that nifty badge, holster there guns, and treat a CCW Citizen as an equal.

But hey... I fault no one for "making money" and there is certainly a sucker born every minute...

Tack
__________________
Tackleberry1 is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:21 AM   #33
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jumusiq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 58
Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Default

Ill be taking the CCW course with my wife on Saturday dde0e.. The Shield 9mm is also coming in Saturday.

__________________

Last edited by jumusiq; 03-22-2013 at 04:45 PM.
jumusiq is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:14 PM   #34
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
drvsafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,636
Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1
Good for you... now for the important part... KEEP IT QUIET.

A part of CCW that many fail to consider is the "intimidation" factor for the lemmings and sheeple that surround us all.

I've EDC'd a concealed handgun daily for 17 years and in all that time, not 1 single coworker has ever know about my "armed" status.

All it takes is 1 person with a beef against you to make a false claim of brandishing or intimidation and BLAM... here comes the policy banning guns in your office and OH... by the way... Here's your pink slip Johnny!

Some good advice I gleaned from an article in American Handgunner, many years ago... went something like this...

"A gun does not make you a Cop anymore than a Fire Extinguisher makes you a Fireman. Both the Gun and the Fire Extinguisher are simply tools who's purpose is to allow you to survive a deadly situation...UNIT PROFESIONAL HELP ARRIVES."

Words to live by my friend. Good luck and be safe.

Tack
There's some sound advice.
__________________
SIG 1911 .45 ACP
SIG P229R 9mm
Beretta BU9 Nano 9mm
Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56
drvsafe is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:29 PM   #35
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
fordracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Levittown Pa
Posts: 236
Liked 76 Times on 46 Posts

Default

What's a ccw badge?

__________________
fordracing is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:32 PM   #36
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mountainman13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 11,525
Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordracing View Post
What's a ccw badge?
A very bad idea. Lol
__________________

I don't need No stinking signature.

mountainman13 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:35 PM   #37
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
drvsafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,636
Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordracing
What's a ccw badge?
Silly IMO. But that's just me.
__________________
SIG 1911 .45 ACP
SIG P229R 9mm
Beretta BU9 Nano 9mm
Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56
drvsafe is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:08 PM   #38
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
RustyShackleford101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 789
Liked 80 Times on 67 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordracing
What's a ccw badge?
It's basically a badge that says you are a CCW holder. It has no legal significance and anybody can buy them. I think people just buy them so they can pretend they're cops.
__________________
RustyShackleford101 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 09:14 PM   #39
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
gandog56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mobile,Alabama
Posts: 256
Liked 30 Times on 24 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumusiq View Post
Ill be taking the CCW course with my wife on Saturday dde0e.. The Shield 9mm is also coming in Saturday.
That's the nice part of where I am, no costly courses needed.
__________________
gandog56 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
concealed carry permit liftedtrucks4me Legal and Activism 8 12-27-2011 04:19 PM
Concealed Carry Permit Bigjo23 Glock Forum 7 10-25-2010 08:42 PM
can i get a pa carry permit? surfgod247 Politics, Religion and Controversy 1 04-18-2009 05:30 AM
Carry permit rlmcat The Club House 8 09-04-2007 12:53 AM