Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Just got a Beretta PX4 Storm!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2009, 01:31 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Just got a Beretta PX4 Storm!

I just purchased a Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm Model F the other week and I am really excited about this handgun! I took it to the range the same day that I bought it and put 150 rounds through it. Flawless. This is the first handgun I have ever owned, let alone fired. So with average groupings of around 2-3 inches at 7 yards, I am not too ashamed. My first trip to the range was scary loud, especially since there was one guy on either side of me firing off .45 ACPs at regular intervals. I jumped like a spooked buck every time they fired.

Now for some pictures of this beautiful piece of Italian engineering (shown here with some Federal Premium 135gr Hydra-Shok JHPs):

I am going to the range again some time soon so I will post a range report when I do. Does anybody have any suggestions as to what types of targets I should start out with for my range report?

Also, let me know if the images stop working since I copied the URLs from inside my Picasa Web album.

Things to think about before you Open Carry
Read this before you decide to carry!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-20-2009, 02:01 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Great looking gun! Glad you like it and it is accurate per your groupings.

I would use the 'shoot-n-see' targets. Easily shows your bullet placement from downrange.

Old 10-20-2009, 02:55 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
Great looking gun! Glad you like it and it is accurate per your groupings.

I would use the 'shoot-n-see' targets. Easily shows your bullet placement from downrange.
I Googled "shoot-n-see," and from what I can tell they are the dark targets, right? Are there any specific targets I should opt for when beginning as a shooter? When I shot my first 150 rounds I used rifle figure targets and was able to place my shots with pretty decent accuracy on them as I said before.

Old 10-20-2009, 03:22 AM   #4

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

ThorsHammer,

Shoot-n-see are targets that may be black on the face, but a chartreuse or other bright color appears where your shot penetrates the target. They are great for 'finding your sight line'.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 10-20-2009, 03:22 AM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorsHammer View Post
I Googled "shoot-n-see," and from what I can tell they are the dark targets, right? Are there any specific targets I should opt for when beginning as a shooter? When I shot my first 150 rounds I used rifle figure targets and was able to place my shots with pretty decent accuracy on them as I said before.
As long as you can see the holes from where you're shooting it really doesn't matter. The Shoot-n-see targets pretty much' highlight' where you hit like this.

Old 10-20-2009, 01:24 PM   #6

Gotta love those Beretta's!

Old 10-20-2009, 01:41 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
As long as you can see the holes from where you're shooting it really doesn't matter. The Shoot-n-see targets pretty much' highlight' where you hit like this.
Ah, neat! I wonder if they have those at the range, or if I am allowed to bring my own targets there. Either way, is there anywhere in particular you recommend I get the targets from?

Old 10-20-2009, 02:17 PM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I get mine at wal-mart.

Old 10-20-2009, 04:31 PM   #9

Nice! But just wait until you get into rifles...now that is loud.
You might want to research hollow point ammo because from what I've heard and read Hydra-Shok isnt too great for defense. Just my eleventeen cents.

Old 10-20-2009, 04:40 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
from what I've heard and read Hydra-Shok isnt too great for defense. Just my eleventeen cents.
What the crap? Where did you hear/read that? I've been carrying the stuff since i haven't been able to find any more Ranger SXT and have heard very, very good things about it...

I confess that I have no desire to confess.

Tags
beretta, new gun, newbie, px4, storm