Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Just got a Beretta PX4 Storm! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/just-got-beretta-px4-storm-19288/)

ThorsHammer 10-20-2009 01:31 AM

Just got a Beretta PX4 Storm!
 
I just purchased a Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm Model F the other week and I am really excited about this handgun! I took it to the range the same day that I bought it and put 150 rounds through it. Flawless. This is the first handgun I have ever owned, let alone fired. So with average groupings of around 2-3 inches at 7 yards, I am not too ashamed. My first trip to the range was scary loud, especially since there was one guy on either side of me firing off .45 ACPs at regular intervals. I jumped like a spooked buck every time they fired. :D

Now for some pictures of this beautiful piece of Italian engineering (shown here with some Federal Premium 135gr Hydra-Shok JHPs):

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_GQ38-y7Zv18/St...2/IMG_1255.JPG

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_GQ38-y7Zv18/St...0/IMG_1261.JPG

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_GQ38-y7Zv18/St...0/IMG_1269.JPG

I am going to the range again some time soon so I will post a range report when I do. Does anybody have any suggestions as to what types of targets I should start out with for my range report?

Also, let me know if the images stop working since I copied the URLs from inside my Picasa Web album.

Gojubrian 10-20-2009 02:01 AM

Great looking gun! Glad you like it and it is accurate per your groupings.

I would use the 'shoot-n-see' targets. Easily shows your bullet placement from downrange. :)

ThorsHammer 10-20-2009 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojubrian (Post 175789)
Great looking gun! Glad you like it and it is accurate per your groupings.

I would use the 'shoot-n-see' targets. Easily shows your bullet placement from downrange. :)

I Googled "shoot-n-see," and from what I can tell they are the dark targets, right? Are there any specific targets I should opt for when beginning as a shooter? When I shot my first 150 rounds I used rifle figure targets and was able to place my shots with pretty decent accuracy on them as I said before.

skullcrusher 10-20-2009 03:22 AM

ThorsHammer,

Shoot-n-see are targets that may be black on the face, but a chartreuse or other bright color appears where your shot penetrates the target. They are great for 'finding your sight line'.

Gojubrian 10-20-2009 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThorsHammer (Post 175808)
I Googled "shoot-n-see," and from what I can tell they are the dark targets, right? Are there any specific targets I should opt for when beginning as a shooter? When I shot my first 150 rounds I used rifle figure targets and was able to place my shots with pretty decent accuracy on them as I said before.

As long as you can see the holes from where you're shooting it really doesn't matter. The Shoot-n-see targets pretty much' highlight' where you hit like this.

http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/v...100_2050-1.jpg

:)

group17 10-20-2009 01:24 PM

Gotta love those Beretta's!

ThorsHammer 10-20-2009 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojubrian (Post 175817)
As long as you can see the holes from where you're shooting it really doesn't matter. The Shoot-n-see targets pretty much' highlight' where you hit like this.

Ah, neat! I wonder if they have those at the range, or if I am allowed to bring my own targets there. Either way, is there anywhere in particular you recommend I get the targets from?

Gojubrian 10-20-2009 02:17 PM

I get mine at wal-mart. :)

Grey 10-20-2009 04:31 PM

Nice! But just wait until you get into rifles...now that is loud.
You might want to research hollow point ammo because from what I've heard and read Hydra-Shok isnt too great for defense. Just my eleventeen cents.

OlPainless 10-20-2009 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grey (Post 175900)
from what I've heard and read Hydra-Shok isnt too great for defense. Just my eleventeen cents.

What the crap? Where did you hear/read that? I've been carrying the stuff since i haven't been able to find any more Ranger SXT and have heard very, very good things about it...


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:02 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.