Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   just got back from the auction :D (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/just-got-back-auction-d-70614/)

tacticalfun 08-18-2012 04:08 PM

And i got... A government/ ussocom issued taurus 24/7 ls oss tactical ds ( long name .____.) That was produced to bid for our armed forces contract. The only differences i see from a standard production model are..stainless internals. Manual decocker. Novak sights. Lanyard loop( why would you put a lanyard on a pistol?) Extended rail. Takes s&w m&p mags. Fde frame. Ambi everything. To the range!

tacticalfun 08-18-2012 04:14 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Attachment 54935

Attachment 54936

Attachment 54937

tacticalfun 08-18-2012 04:15 PM

Slide is about 9" long. Boy do i love long slides. This thing racks like butter.

Dillinger 08-18-2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tacticalfun (Post 908109)
Lanyard loop( why would you put a lanyard on a pistol?)

1) Nice looking pistol. Looking forward to hearing how it performs but I do like the stainless internals, definitely on a pistol going in harms way.

2) The reason you add a lanyard to a pistol is so it doesn't go scattering across the desert sand the first time incoming fire gets a little close and you go hell bent for leather to cover. ;)

JD

tacticalfun 08-18-2012 05:11 PM

Sight picture is like that of my 1911's

tacticalfun 08-18-2012 07:41 PM

Barrel is stamped match grade...hmmm lets see how it performs compared to my xdm

c3shooter 08-18-2012 09:41 PM

Lanyard- AKA idiot cord. When you drop the piece or have it knocked out of your hands at 3 AM, if you follow the cord from the idiot to the item, you find the item. Stand on skis on top of 6 ft of powder, drop a gun, you will bless the lanyard.

We used to tell military trainees that if they fell in the creek and drowned, but were attached to their M16 with an idiot cord, after 3 days their bodies would float to the surface, acting as a marker to permit us to retrieve the rifle. :rolleyes:

tacticalfun 08-18-2012 09:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
15 yards. Trigger is very sudden. Almost no recoil. Returns to battery VERY fast. Grip texture glues to your hand. Novak sights are not quite my favorite.

Attachment 54996

boatme98 08-18-2012 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tacticalfun (Post 908394)
15 yards. Trigger is very sudden. Almost no recoil. Returns to battery VERY fast. Grip texture glues to your hand. Novak sights are not quite my favorite.

Attachment 54996

Pretty good for the first shots. Imagine after you've pumped about 300 through it.
I like long slides too. I have to say, I've never seen a Taurus that did anything for me, but I'll have to look around for one of these to check out.
Keep us posted on it. Shoot, shoot, shoot!

tacticalfun 08-18-2012 10:19 PM

Will do. Theyre not made anymore. But theres a few floating around. From mfr: Developed through direct feedback from Special Forces teams stationed around the world, the new Taurus 24/7 OSS" is one of the most advanced firearms in the history of pistol making. Built to meet and/or exceed all requirements laid down by USSOCOM (United States Special Operations Command) for its new sidearm, this extreme duty pistol offers unprecedented reliability, durability, accuracy and ergonomic functionality. Capable of firing thousands of failure-free rounds in virtually any environment, whether it be jungle humidity and mud, desert heat and sand, or arctic cold and ice, we packed the 24/7 OSS with features that real-world professionals were asking for.