Just bought a Hi Point - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Just bought a Hi Point

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2011, 05:45 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 424 Times on 262 Posts
Likes Given: 6

minor update here, went to the range today & brought the hi point plus my radom 9mm. suprisingly the hi point was more reliable, which makes me think i need some new springs and/or ejector on the radom

anyway....on the C9 i had 2 seperate times where the slide locked open like it would on the last shot of the mag, but there were still rounds in it. it ejected the spent brass just fine but locked the slide open. i gave the slide a tug & it released & chambered another round & away i went. when it did it a second time, i numbered the magazines (i have 2) 1 & 2 hoping maybe it was mag specific & i could find out if it was just one magazine doing it as opposed to a gun issue but it performed flawlessly for the last 50 or so rounds until i ran out of ammo.

so i guess i'll hafta keep an eye on that & if worse comes to worse i'll find out if everything they say about hi points service is true

Old 09-27-2011, 03:51 AM   #52

Liked 25 Times on 12 Posts

Went shooting with a friend outside of Taos. He's a very interesting ol boy and you never know what he's gonna come up with( nor does he). After we shot around for a while he opens the trunk of his very beaten Subaru. He pulls out his 'new' 120 dollar 9 mm happy as can be. I recognized the bulky slide and thought about ragging him but it wouldn't matter anyway. Instead we blew through 100 rounds each, in fairly rapid succession. Not a single issue. In fact, I was even impressed. Even more to find that he had already put over five hundred rounds through it and it hasnt left the trunk except to be brutally fired ( when he puts rounds down range he shoots non stop till he's out). He hadn't even cleaned it! I am on board. For the money I'll pick one up. For a small American no name beater, I'm all about it.

Ps, I did break his streak and clean it for him....

Old 09-27-2011, 03:55 AM   #53

Liked 9209 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I'll have to get one someday too. Around Tunica MS pawnshops they run 120-170, just depending on which store you walk into. I still think even 170 is a decent deal. But I'll be trying to find a cheaper one

Old 09-27-2011, 04:13 PM   #54

Liked 5 Times on 2 Posts

I have two of them,a C9,9mm and a .45 They are both good guns, I sent the c9 back to High Point for some work for ftf,they sent it back with a note from the tech telling me what he did,a target they test fired it on(27 yards,and it done really well) and a free magazine for my trouble! You can't beat that for customer service.The .45 has preformed flawlessly right out of the box and it is really accurate.It eats any kind of ammo you put in it,never jams.is fun to shoot,you can't ask for a better gun for the money.Some say their ugly,but I've always thought they weren't any uglier than a Glock or a couple other guns I've seen and shot.I don't think guns are about beauty contests anyway.Beauty to me is a accurate,functioning weapon,in that sense they are a winner! morayman..........

Old 09-27-2011, 04:50 PM   #55

Haven't posted much here but had to put my .02 in.

I bought a c9 in Aug. 09 I don't know how many rounds have been through it, but I know this I've had less problems with the HP than with my Ruger P89. The HP eats ANYTHING, the Ruger is picky it loves the high dollar ammo. Like many said best $100 I've spent.

To the gun snobs if you don't own one shoot one bet you'll own one afterwards.

To the OP Congrats and welcome to the club.

Old 09-27-2011, 05:46 PM   #56

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh45gun

No you can field strip the gun. I think you may be confused because the barrel is fixed to the frame.
Even with the issue of the fixed barrel, you need multiple tools to get it apart (hammer, finishing punch,etc...) its not a pleasant job to do IF you have problems while at the range. I dont usually like to carry a tool box and work bench in my back pocket..causes some chafing. :P

Old 09-27-2011, 07:15 PM   #57

Default Hi Point

I have owned a Hi Point C-9 for 5 or 6 years. First one lasted 3 or 4 years and went to the factory twice for repair. (Life time warranty) Sold it and last year bought another one new.Use it to teach my Granddaughter to shoot. It is a solid built gun with polymer frame parts that make the new gun lighter than the first. I have owned S&W, Taurus, and other name brands. They all fail or break at some point. Not all are warranted for life either. Hi Point makes a solid gun (not pretty) but it will send a round down range.

Old 09-27-2011, 07:28 PM   #58

I'd like to buy one and shoot production in a USPSA match for fun.

Old 09-27-2011, 07:45 PM   #59

Liked 25 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wb_carpenter
I'd like to buy one and shoot production in a USPSA match for fun.
That would draw alot of stares, but if you whopped enough people maybe high point will stop being considered a piece of crap.

A piece of crap is a piece of crap. A cheap gun that does what it is intended to do, is a useful piece of equipment.

Old 09-27-2011, 08:12 PM   #60

I have three HI POINT carbines, one .45 acp and two 9mm's, and also a .40 auto. if you ask me about them i would say they are one of the best guns out there, and AMERICAN MADE.